Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* W.H. Over Museum presents "Over Around the World" Exhibit � May 10-Aug. 1 at Sletwold Hall. The exhibit tells the story of the wide travels of former directors and curators as well as friends visits to the seven continents of the world. Tour guides available upon request or for more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* Vermillion High School Graduation � Sunday, May 29, 2:30 p.m. at USD Slagle Hall. The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Board of Directors and staff would like to congratulate the Class of 2005!
* Dakota Classic Cruisers 10th Annual Car Show � Saturday, June 4, 9: a.m. to 5 p.m., Downtown Historical Main Street, Vermillion. To register or for more information contact Alan Miiller at 624-4705 or email email@example.com.
* Austin Whittemore House Annual Ice Cream Social � June 23, 5 p.m. at Austin Whittemore House. The social will be held on the lawn south of the Austin Whittemore House. Taverns, chips, pie, cake and ice cream will be served. The McNeills will be there to furnish music for the evening. In case of bad weather, other arrangements will be made and the social will go on as scheduled. Bring the family for supper and enjoy a great evening of eating, music and visiting. For more information contact 624-8266.
* Local Volunteer Receives National Junior Achievement Leadership Award � The National Junior Achievement office in Colorado Springs has honored Dr. Roger Kozak for his outstanding service and support to the program's economic education efforts. Dr. Kozak received the Bronze National Leadership Award at the Junior Achievement of Vermillion annual board retreat. The Bronze Leadership Award recognizes superior leadership and outstanding support for Junior Achievement.
* Congratulations to the Plain Talk and staff on their recent awards.
* A special thanks to Maryln Harnois for her thoughtful donation for office equipment for the VCDC office.
* Tour de Kota � June 12.
* Midsommar at Dalesburg � June 24.
* Siouxland Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show & Obedience Show � July 2-3.
* Fourth of July Celebration � July 4.
* Second Annual Matt Hollingsworth Memorial Golf Tournament � July 23.
* Vermillion "Fun Daze" � July 28.
* Clay County Fair � Aug. 11, 12 and 13.
* Lewis & Clark Festival � Aug 25-27.
* Great Dakota Wine Festival � Sept. 2-3.
* Spirit Mound 10K / 5K Run / Walk � Sept. 3.
Watch for more great events!
Please contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company with your summer events at 624-5571.
The VCDC office will be closed Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day.