Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "The Pellegrina (ergonomic) Viola � A Gift to the National Music Museum" � Featuring David Rivinus, violin-maker from Portland, OR, Don Ehrlich, San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, Liz Soladay, South Dakota Symphony Orchestra, and Susan Gray, Rawlins Piano Trio. Friday, May 20, from noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to the public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* W.H. Over Museum presents "Over Around the World" Exhibit � May 10 to Aug. 1 at Sletwold Hall. The exhibit tells the story of the wide travels of former directors and curators as well as friends' visits to the seven continents of the world. Tour guides available upon request or for more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* Friends of the W.H. Over present "Rhubarb Dessert Making Contest" � Saturday, May 21 at 1:30 p.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. Bring in a portion of the dessert that you make (i.e. pies, cakes, cobblers, jams, etc.) or be a taster/judge for $5. All proceeds will support the W.H. Over Museum. For more information contact 677-5228.
* Tri State Drive-In Cruisers � Car Show on Wednesday, May 25, from 6 to 9 p.m., Downtown Historical Main Street. For more information contact Jody Harnois at 624-4513.
* Vermillion High School Graduation � Sunday, May 29, 2:30 p.m. at USD Slagle Hall. The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Board of Directors and staff would like to congratulate the Class of 2005!
* Dakota Classic Cruisers 10th Annual Car Show � Saturday, June 4, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Downtown Historical Main Street Vermillion. To register or for more information contact Alan Miiller at 624-4705 or email email@example.com.
* James Steel Erection � Congratulations to Dale James/James Steel Erection from Lesterville for being recognized on the list of the nation's Top Metal Builders of 2004 by the metal building industry's leading publication Metal Construction News. James Steel Erection sold and erected 618,000 square feet of buildings in 2004 to rank 16th on the national list. Congratulations on this exciting achievement!
Tour de Kota � June 12;
Midsommar at Dalesburg � June 24;
Siouxland Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show & Obedience Show � July 2 and 3;
Fourth of July Celebration � July 4;
Vermillion "Fun Daze" � July 28;
Clay County Fair � Aug. 11, 12 and 13;
Lewis & Clark Festival � Aug 25-27;
Great Dakota Wine Festival � Sept. 2 and 3;
Spirit Mound 10K/5K Run/Walk � Sept. 3.
Watch for more great events!
Please contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company with your summer events at 624-5571.