Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* Leadership Vermillion Graduation Banquet � The graduation banquet for the Leadership Vermillion 2005 class will take place on Friday, May 13, 6 p.m. social with dinner to follow at 6:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Area Arts Council at 202 Washington Street. The ticket price is $20 per person. Tickets may be purchased at the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company or contact Gloria Barnes by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 677-5077. The public is welcome to attend.
* Vermillion Jaycees Annual Sand Box Fill � Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. until finished. It's spring and the kids want to be outdoors playing with all those neat diggers, dozers and scrapers! Or, you may want to fill those horseshoe pits! Whatever the case, you can get your sand and help out the community at the same time. The Vermillion Jaycees will deliver the sand to your home. Cost is $5 per wheel barrel, $30 per 3.5 ton load or $55 per 7 ton load. For more information or to order please contact 677-7464. Sand is provided by Midwest Homes/Ready Mix and equipment is provided by Jones' Ace Hardware.
* Vermillion Jaycees Pitch, Hit and Run � Sunday, May 15, 2 p.m. at Barstow Park north baseball field. To sign up or for more information contact Tami Davis at 624-4135.
* National Tourism Week � Season Opener at the South Dakota's Interstate Information Centers � Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Meet your local travel counselors and find out what they can do for you. Pick up South Dakota maps and other travel information. The public is invited and refreshments will be provided.
* Home Buyer Express � Learn about the entire home buying process in this two-part seminar sponsored by Consumer Credit Counseling Service. Topics include programs available for middle and low income residents, credit issues, and determining how much you can afford. Thursday, May 19 and Thursday, May 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Vermillion Public Library. Facilitated by Carol Voss-Ward. Please call 1-888-258-2227 to register.
* National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Presents "The Pellegrina (ergonomic) Viola � A Gift to the National Music Museum" � Featuring David Rivinus, violin-maker from Portland, OR, Don Ehrlich, San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, Liz Soladay, South Dakota Symphony Orchestra, and Susan Gray, Rawlins Piano Trio. Friday, May 20, noon to 12:55 p.m. at the National Music Museum on the corner of Clark and Yale Streets on the campus of USD. Free and open to the public! For more information contact the National Music Museum at 677-5306.
* Friends of the W.H. Over Museum present a "Rhubarb Dessert Making Contest" � Saturday, May 21 at 1:30 p.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. Bring in a portion of the dessert that you make (i.e. pies, cakes, cobblers, jams, etc.) or be a taster/judge for $5. All proceeds will support the W.H. Over Museum. For more information contact 677-5228.
* Tri State Drive-In Cruisers Car Show on Wednesday, May 25, 6 to 9 p.m., downtown historical Main Street. For more information contact Jody Harnois at 624-4513.
* Vermillion High School Graduation � Sunday, May 29, 2:30 p.m. at USD Slagle Hall. The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Board of Directors and staff congratulates the Class of 2005!
* South Dakota Literature Swap � Heidi and Tina attended a tourism workshop and lit swap this week. They were able to meet many people involved in tourism and the hospitality industry in South Dakota. They shared Vermillion's promotional materials with representatives from all of South Dakota's rest stops, visitor information centers, and many other visitor stops throughout South Dakota. They received great feedback from others in the industry about Vermillion's promotional materials. The event was a great opportunity to network and to promote Vermillion.
* Dakota Classic Cruisers 10th Annual Car Show � June 4.
* Midsommar at Dalesburg � June 24.
* Siouxland Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show & Obedience Show � July 2 and 3.
* Fourth of July Celebration � July 4.
* Vermillion "Fun Daze" � July 28.
* Clay County Fair � Aug. 11, 12 and 13.
* Great Dakota Wine Festival � Sept. 2 and 3.
Watch for more great events!
Please contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company with your summer events at 624-5571.