Chamber Chat By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
* W.H. Over Museum presents "Over Around the World" Exhibit � May 10- Aug. 1 at Sletwold Hall. The exhibit tells the story of the wide travels of former directors and curators as well as friends visits to the seven continents of the world. Tour guides available upon request or for more information contact Dorothy Neuhaus at 677-5228.
* Please help us welcome the following camps/seminars that The University of South Dakota and the Vermillion community will be hosting in June:
June 5-24: American Indian Journalism Institute.
June 9-12: Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Camp.
June 11-12: Girls Basketball Team.
June 12-15: Boys Basketball Individual Camp.
June 12-14: High School Corps Music Camp.
June 12-24: Oscar Howe Summer Art Institute.
June 15-17: Boys Basketball Big Man Camp.
June 15-17: Boys Basketball Shooting Camp.
June 18-24: Youth Business Adventure.
June 19-24: AP Economics Institute.
June 19-22: Girls Basketball Offensive Skills Camp.
June 22-24: Music Directors Institute.
June 27-July 2: Frogmans Press 1.
July 4-9: Frogmans Press 2.
July 7-9: Football Camp (11 man).
July 11-13: Football Camp (11 man).
July 10-15: Jr/Sr High Music Camp.
July 13-15: Football Camp (8 & 9 man).
July 7-22: History Teachers Institute.
July 18-20: Football Camp (11 man).
July 18-22: Institute for Teachers of Gifted Youth.
July 18-22: Lawrence Brothers Camp.
July 18-29: Ambassadors of Excellence.
July 20-23: Youth Congress.
July 24-29: Governor's Camp.
Aug 1-5: South Dakota Honors Choir.
Aug 1-5: American Choral Directors Association.
* Tour de Kota � June 12-17. The Argus Leader is sponsoring a bike ride across South Dakota. The bicycle tour mirrors the Lewis and Clark expedition along the Missouri River from Yankton to Pierre. As the ride progresses the landscape changes and each rider will be able to see wildlife, farmlands, prairie vistas, ranches, and views of the Missouri like no other. Each day of riding will be punctuated by local hospitality and fun as well as a refreshing overnight on the bank of the mighty Missouri.
The tour kicks off on Sunday with The Spirit Mound Century Ride. It will be a 100-mile ride that starts in Yankton and includes stops at Spirit Mound, Cotton Park, Mulberry Bend Overlook and Valiant Vineyards Winery. There are over 400 people registered for the Vermillion tour and over 500 people registered for the whole week. For more information please visit www.argusleaderbiketour.co.
* VCDC Golf Social � Tuesday, June 21 at The Bluffs Golf Course. Please return your registration form today. You don't want to miss out of the wonderful day of golf and fellowship. Mark your calendars for this great event!!
* Austin Whittemore House Annual Ice Cream Social � June 23, 5 p.m. at Austin Whittemore House. The social will be held on the lawn south of the Austin Whittemore House. Taverns, chips, pie, cake and ice cream will be served. The McNeills will be there to furnish music for the evening. In case of bad weather, other arrangements will be made and the social will go on as scheduled. Bring the family for supper and enjoy a great evening of eating, music and visiting. For more information contact 624-8266.
* Dalesburg Midsommer Festival � June 24. For more information contact Ron Johnson at 605-253-2575.
* Food Vendors Wanted � The VCDC is looking for food vendors for the July 4 Celebration which is held in Barstow Park in Vermillion from 6 p.m. until dark. If you are interested or know of an organization that would like to participate please call our office at 624-5571. Come and join in the fun on July 4!
* Save your Treasures! � Fun Daze "Trash to Treasure" Rummage Sale on July 28 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in downtown Vermillion. If you would like to participate in this rummage sale please call our office at 624-5571.