Park Jefferson Chris Spieker and Joe Kosiski continue to wage a fierce battle for this year�s title in Division II of the NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series.
The two Midwestern Dirt Late Model drivers stage their competition each week at Adams County Speedway in Corning, Iowa, and I-80 Speedway at Nebraska Raceway Park in Greenwood, NE NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Divisional point standings are calculated using each driver�s best results from any races held at tracks within their division. Adams County Speedway, which operates on Saturday, and I-80 Speedway, which runs on Sundays, are both in Division II � meaning drivers can race at both tracks and accumulate points towards the title.
Spieker, of Massena, IA, leads the NDWS Division II standings with 998 points. He made a late race pass for the lead to score his third win of the season at Adams County Speedway on Saturday � then came home from I-80 with a 20th-place finish on Sunday.
Kosiski, who calls I-80 home, is 150 markers back with 848 points. The Omaha, NE, driver finished fifth at I-80 on Sunday, after notching a sixth-place finish at Adams County on Saturday.
Mike Hansen of Alton, IA, remained third in the NDWS Division II standings this week with 716 points. He finished fifth at Park Jefferson Speedway in Jefferson, on Saturday.
Jeff Strunk of Bethel, PA, is 18 points back with 698. Strunk scored his third win of the season, with a victory at Grandview Speedway on Saturday night. Also visiting victory lane over the weekend was Eric Richardson of Bakersfield, CA Richardson � who is fifth in the standings with 678 points � collected his fourth win of the season, along with a fifth-place finish, in twin late model races at Mesa Marin Raceway on Saturday.
Rounding out the top 10 of the NDWS Division II standings are Travis Sharpe of North, SC; Pete Anderson Jr. of Stockton, CA; Stacey Gerken of LaGrange, OH; Robert Barker of Boerne, TX; and Jonathan Bouvrette of St. Therese, QC.
This Week�s Division II Leaders
1. Chris Spieker, Adams County Speedway, 998
2. Joe Kosiski, I-80 Speedway, 848
3. Mike Hansen, Park Jefferson Speedway, 716
4. Jeff Strunk, Grandview Speedway, 698
5. Eric Richardson, Mesa Marin Raceway, 678
6. Travis Sharpe, Concord Motorsport Park, 620
7. Pete Anderson Jr., Stockton 99 Speedway, 544
8. Stacey Gerken, Lorain Speedway, 542
9. Robert Barker, San Antonio Speedway, 518
10. Jonathan Bouvrette, Autodrome St. Eustache, 460
11. Jamey Lee, Myrtle Beach Speedway, 446
12. Alan Pyszora, Shasta Raceway Park, 440
13. Dennis Pelphrey, Watsonville Speedway, 420
14. Jeremy Lapainis, Edmonton International Raceway, 414
15. Pete Vanderywest, Delaware Speedway, 404
16. Mike Fiebelkorn Jr., Holland International Speedway, 346
17. Scott Bonney, Lee USA Speedway, 332
18. Bill Hebing Jr., Spencer Speedway, 312