- Quality Telemarketing has been sold and their operations in Vermillion and other locations will cease in the near future. Any time that you have a situation like this, the first concern is the well being of the employees impacted by the change. Our response as a community, in partnership with the state of South Dakota and our congressional delegation, to this transition has been rapid.
South Dakota Career Center was on-site at Quality Telemarketing immediately, working with employees on programs available to assist them through this transition, as well as helping them line up new opportunities for employment. We are positioned well and are fortunate as a community, and as a region, to have a strong economy right now, with several area employers looking to hire people.
Many people are working together quickly to ensure that we take care of the employees and their needs. We recognize that changes such as this are a part of business and we will get through the challenges together. While we regret the loss of Quality Telemarketing operations in Vermillion, we are thankful that they have been a part of our business community.
- VCDC Membership � We would like to thank all of our 2005 members for their support and partnerships throughout the past year. 2006 membership renewal information is being mailed out at this time. We look forward to working with you all again in the New Year!
If you are not alreadya VCDC member and are interested in learning more about our organization or becoming a member, please contact our office at 624-5571, stop by 906 East Cherry Street, or visit www. vermillionchamber.com.
- USD Men's Basketball � The University of South Dakota men's basketball team will be playing in the Augustana College Classic in Sioux Falls. Their first game will be against Bemidji State University on Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 4 p.m. Their second game will be against University of Minnesota-Crookston on Thursday, Dec. 29 at 4 p.m. Go ?Yotes!
- USD Women's Basketball � Wednesday, Dec. 28, The University of South Dakota women's basketball team plays against Upper Iowa University at the Elmen Center in Sioux Falls at 1 p.m. They play again on Thursday, Dec. 29 against Winona State University also in the Elmen Center at 1 p.m. Go 'Yotes!
- Celebrate Vermillion � Our office has beeninformed that due to unforeseen circumstances, this year's Celebrate Vermillion event, previously scheduled for New Year's Eve inthe DakotaDome, has been cancelled. The Celebrate Vermillion committee apol- ogizes for any inconvenience and is working on making next year's Celebrate Vermillion event bigger and better than ever!
- Dakota Farm Show � Come see the Dakota Farm Show! The farm show will be held in the DakotaDome on Jan. 4, 5, and 6 and is sponsored by Midwest Shows. For more information, please call 1-800-873-1411. Please help us welcome Dakota Farm Show visitors to Vermillion!
- Big Friends-Little Friends, Inc. � Big Friends-Little Friends made another match in Vermillion. Diann Huddleson and Heidi were matched on Dec. 13, only a month after her sister had been matched. The program continues to need male and female volunteer mentors who are at least 18 years old. There are three girls and two boys waiting for a Big Friend. Also, there are two boys in Irene, and an 18-year-old girl in Parker that would like to match with a girl 8 to 11 years old in the Parker/ Viborg area.
To sign up a girl in this area, or serve as a male volunteer in Irene, please call 1-605-421-5050 as soon as possible, so a match can be made. To apply, contact John Gille, program director at 1-605-356-2571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The program's Web site is http://www.bflfmentoring.org and applications are found under the volunteer button. Businesses who might be interested in sponsoring a Fun Function are also welcome to inquire.
Happy holidays, everyone! Our office will be closed Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D.—South Dakota junior guard Raeshel Contreras hit a 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds left to send the Coyotes past … Read Article