- Open House & Ribbon Cutting � The public is cordially invited to attend a Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Open House & Ribbon Cutting for Dick and Jane, at 26 Center Street, on Tuesday, Jan. 17, from 5 to 7 p.m. Ribbon Cutting ceremony will be at 5:30 p.m. Stop in and check out their great selection of adult, children and maternity clothes!
- Friends of the W.H. Over Museum present "Members Art Show" on display at the W.H. Over Museum in Sletwold Hall through Tuesday, Jan. 31. For more information call 677-5228.
- Senior Center Potluck Dinner � Come and enjoy an oyster stew potluck dinner at the Vermillion Senior Center on Monday, Jan. 16 at 5 p.m.
- City Council Meeting � Monday, Jan. 16 at 7 p.m. at the Neuharth Center. City council agendas are available at www.cityofvermillion.com. City council meetings are held on the first and third Monday of every month. You can view the council meetings on Cable Channel 3.
- Free Christmas Tree Drop Site � The City of Vermillion is providing a free drop site for Christmas trees. The site is located on Broadway Street, west of Dakota Street, and in the lot to the south side of the street. Trees will be accepted until Jan. 23.
- USD men's basketball � On Saturday, Jan. 14, The University of South Dakota men's basketball team will be hosting University of North Dakota in the DakotaDome at 8 p.m. Go Yotes!!!
- USD women's basketball � On Saturday, Jan. 14, The University of South Dakota women's basketball team will be hosting University of North Dakota in the DakotaDome at 6 p.m. Go Yotes!!!
- Karaoke Night with the Vermillion Jaycees � The public is invited to attend Karaoke Night with the Vermillion Jaycees at Open Mike's, 13 West Main Street, on Thursday, Jan. 19, 8 p.m. social hour and the singing will begin at 9 p.m.
- CPR Class � CPR class will be held on Monday, Jan. 16 at 1 p.m., in the William J. Radigan Fire/Ambulance Station on Dakota Street. Call 677-7053 to sign up.
- Summer Job & Internship Fair � Sponsored by The University of South Dakota Career Development Center on Thursday, Jan. 26, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Coyote Student Center. Please register by calling the Career Development Center at 677-5307. Will you be looking for summer employees or interns? Then the USD Summer Job & Internship Fair is the place you will want to be on Jan. 26! Approximately 300 students attend job fairs searching for summer employment. This is a great way for employers and students to discuss upcoming opportunities!
- 2006 Welcome to Vermillion/Community Guide Book � We are in the process of updating the information to be included in the 2006 Welcome to Vermillion/Community Guide Book. During the year, this book gets distributed to over 10,000 potential residents, prospective businesses, and visitors to our community. We would strong- ly suggest that you consider placing an ad in the book, as this is one of our community's largest marketing pieces. Please contact Sheila at the Broadcaster at 624-4429 to reserve your ad space soon! Our print deadline is quickly approaching!
- 2006 VCDC Membership � We are processing VCDC membership renewals and new members for 2006. We are hoping to have 2006 membership information printed in the 2006 Welcome to Vermillion/Community Guide Book, so we'd like to have membership commitments prior to Jan. 13 in order to meet our printing deadline. Please contact our office at 624-5571 if you have questions about your membership or about becoming a member of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company. Thanks in advance for your support and partnership in 2006! Thanks to our 2005 members who have already renewed their membership for 2006!
- Welcome, new VCDC members! Please join us in welcoming, Elegant Edibles, 1215 East Cherry Street, Sharing the Dream in Guatemala, 125 East Main Street, Oakleaf Property Management, 505 North Main Street, and Vermillion Jaycees as new Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company members in 2006! We're excited to have Elegant Edibles, Sharing the Dream in Guatemala, Oakleaf Property Management, and Vermillion Jaycees as new members and we're looking forward to great partnerships with them in the future!
Our office will be closed Monday, Jan. 16 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.