- VCDC Annual Banquet � Mark your calendars! The VCDC annual banquet has been scheduled for Friday, Feb. 17 with a social hour beginning at 6 p.m. at the Eagles Club in Vermillion. Join us for food and entertainment as we celebrate another year of our partnerships. Please RSVP your attendance asap by contacting us at 624-5571 or 906 East Cherry Street.
- Brown Bag Lunch Program � Brown bag lunch program presents "Klassic Klarinet Klezmer" with Deborah Check Reeves on clarinet from The University of South Dakota, along with John D. Check on piano, from Central Missouri State University. Come listen to the show at the National Music Museum on Friday, Feb. 17 starting at 12:05 p.m.
- Dinner Theatre � Vermillion Community Theatre presents the Tony Award winning musical Into the Woods. This is more than a kid's show with intricate lyrics and dazzling music. What begins as a lively irreverent fantasy becomes a moving lesson about community responsibility and the stories we tell our children. Tickets may be purchased at the Nook 'n Cranny, Davis Pharmacy, and at the door the night of the performance. This show will be performed at the Vermillion High School Theatre. see www.vermillioncommunitytheatre.org for additional information.
- (Address Correction) Open House/Social at SESDAC � SESDAC would like to invite the public to tour their newly remodeled building on Feb. 21. They will be showcasing new safety improvements, added workspace, along with meeting ADA standards. Please join them for hors d'oeuvres and refreshments from 5 to 7 p.m. at SESDAC at 1314 East Cherry Street in Vermillion.
- Intellectual Property Seminar � On Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m., The University of South Dakota Committee on Intellectual Property and the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce and Development Company, with the assistance of the South Dakota Office of Commercialization, are co-sponsoring an interactive workshop on "Protecting Your Ideas and Inventions." The workshop is aimed at anyone who has a good idea that might be developed into a product, process, or service, but is not sure how to protect the idea.
The workshop is being held in the Vermillion Entrepreneurship Center, located in the Market Street Professional Building, 116 Market Street in Vermillion. This is the first educational workshop on entrepreneurship and intellectual property offered as a collaboration between the University of South Dakota and the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce and Development Company. The workshop is open to the general public, entrepreneurs � and those who would like to be � in Vermillion, Yankton, and surrounding communities. Light refreshments will be served and all who attend are eligible to enter a raffle for books on patents and small businesses. Everyone is welcome! For further information contact the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, The University of South Dakota, 605-677-5370 or email@example.com or the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 624-5571.
- City Council Meeting � Vermillion's City Council will meet on Tuesday, Feb. 21. City council meetings are held the first and third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Al Neuharth Center. For more information contact the city office at 677-7050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can check out the meeting agenda on the city's Web site at www.cityofvermillion.com.
- Senior Citizen's Center Fund Raiser � Please join the Senior Citizen's Center and Dakota Senior Meals for BBQ Beef Ribs Fund Raiser. The BBQ Beef Ribs Fund Raiser will begin at 5 p.m. and run until 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 23. Tickets are $7.50 per person.
- Vermillion Jaycees � The Vermillion Jaycees, in partnership with Pressbox Bar and Grill, present "The 28 Second Challenge!" on Tuesday, Feb. 28. Registration starts at 8:30 p.m. and the challenge starts at 9 p.m. Come for the fun! If you are not laughing you aren't doing it right!!!
- Merchant Meeting � The next merchant meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 1 starting at 6 p.m. at the VCDC office. Your input is appreciated! We hope to see you there!
- Vermillion Chamber & Development Company Events Calendar � Our Web site now has an events calendar. The public can add events to the calendar and view what's going on in the community. Go to http://www.vermillionchamber.com then go to the left hand side of the screen and click on the "Events" button and then "Community Calendar" button. Once you've saved the event we will review and post it on the calendar. If you have questions call 624-5571.
By Jeremy Hoeck email@example.com VERMILLION — It took about 25 minutes, but eventually order was restored and the USD men’s … Read Article