- Brown Bag Lunch – The National Music Museum presents music from Degas String Quartet and the Euclid String Quartet. They will be performing new work by a young American composer born in Puerto Rico in 1973. Come listen to the show at the National Music Museum on Friday, March 31 starting at 12:05 p.m. This program is free and open to the public.
- Penny Bingo – Join the Senior Citizens Center for Penny Bingo on Friday, March 31 at 1 p.m.
- SESDAC Movie Night – SESDAC introduces its first movie night beginning on Friday, March 31 at 7 p.m., featuring Riding the Bus with my Sister with discussion after the movie. Popcorn and pop available. SESDAC is located at 1314 East Cherry Street.
- 34th Annual Spring Wacipi – Come check out the Tiospaye Native American Powwow! All are welcome and encouraged to attend this fantastic Native American celebration. You can participate or simply watch, and there will be plenty of vendors for special powwow items and food. This event begins on Friday, March 31 at the Vermillion High School, and continues throughout the weekend. For more information call 624-4619.
- Dinner Theatre – Funk Wizard Productions presents "A Night with Edgar Allan Poe" starting Friday, March 31 through Monday, April 3. Dinner begins at 7 p.m. show starts at 8 p.m. at the Washington Street Arts Center located on the corner of Washington and Cedar Street. Dinner theater tickets are available at Hy-Vee.
- National Music Museum – The National Music Museum presents music from Joko Sutrisno, Music Director of Indonesian Performing Arts Association of Minnesota. He will be performing in a style of "Gamelan" an Indonesian orchestra composed mainly of tuned percussion instruments such as bamboo xylophones, wooden or metal chimes, and gongs. This event is scheduled for Friday, March 31 through Saturday, April 2. Call 677-5306 for more information.
- 4-H Rabbit Judging Clinic & Dress A Rabbit Contest – Big Friend Little Friend would like to invite the public to the 4-H Rabbit Judging Clinic & Dress A Rabbit Contest on Saturday, April 1 at 29974 University Road, Beresford. For more information contact John P. Gille at 605-356-2571 or cell 605-421-5050.
- April Fool's Fest – Looking for something fun to do on Saturday night? Come down to Open Mike's for live music on Saturday, April 1! The Program Council will be hosting a four-band event.
The four featured bands include Ever We Fall, Race the Sun, Day At The Fair, and Calling All Cars. The show will begin at 8:30 p.m.
- The Bluffs 2006 Membership Kick-Off Event – Join us at The Bluffs Golf Course on Saturday, April 1 for food, fun, and golf. Schedule of events for the day includes free swing tips at 1 p.m., shotgun start for golf at 3 p.m., happy hour from 5 to 6 p.m., followed by a hog roast from 6 to 7 p.m. Meal is $7.50 a person. Please RSVP by March 30 at 677-7058.
- City Council Meeting – Vermillion's City Council will meet on Monday, April 3 at 7 p.m. at the Al Neuharth Center. For more information contact the city office at 677-7050 or e-mail email@example.com. You can check out the meeting agenda on the city's Web site at www.cityofvermillion.com.
- Jaycee Meeting – Tuesday, April 4 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company in the back office. Agenda includes: Spirit of Vermillion Days, Sandbox Fill, and Pitch/Hit/Run. For more information call Jen at 624-5900.
- Merchant Meeting – The next merchant meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 5 starting at 6 p.m. at the VCDC office. Your input is appreciated.
- Blood Drive – Donate to save lives on Wednesday, April 5 and Thursday, April 6. The University of South Dakota is hosting a campus-wide blood drive at the Coyote Student Center. The Community Blood Bank of Sioux Falls will be available for donations. Your donation saves lives. Call 624-2611 for more information.
- Golden Easter Egg Promotion – Vermillion's 6th Annual Golden Easter Egg Hunt begins Thursday, April 6. The "Golden Egg" is hidden somewhere within the city limits of Vermillion. Participants can only get the daily clues by going to the participating businesses. No phone calls, please. The lucky winner who locates the egg will be awarded $250 in Vermillion Bucks and a basket of merchandise.
- Red Dot Sale Event – Shop for special savings and special deals during the Red Dot Sale Event on Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8. Anyone who purchases anything at a participating merchant's business during the event can register in the store to win $50 in Vermillion Bucks. Don't miss this opportunity to shop locally for special savings and the chance to win.
- VCDC Golf Social – Mark your calendars for Tuesday, Aug. 1 at The Bluffs Golf Course for the annual VCDC golf social. For questions or to reserve your spot in advance, contact us at 624-5571.
By Jeremy Hoeck firstname.lastname@example.org VERMILLION — It took about 25 minutes, but eventually order was restored and the USD men’s … Read Article