- Join us on Friday, March 3 for a fund raiser for Vermillion's After-Prom Party at Valiant Vineyards Winery, 1500 W. Main St. It starts with a happy hour at 6 p.m. and dinner is served at 7 p.m., with choice of prime rib, chicken or salmon. Auction will follow dinner. Tickets are $15 per person. Tickets can be purchased at Nook 'n Cranny, Vermillion Beauty Shop, or call Deb at 624-5416 or Laura at 624-9390 for more information.
- First Friday's Brown Bag Dialogue � Dignity, Diversity & Developmental Disabilities. Join SESDAC, Inc., 1314 E. Cherry on Friday, March 3 from 12 to 1 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
- Shop for special savings and special deals during the Red Dot Sale Event on Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4! Anyone who purchases anything at a participating merchants' business during the Red Dot Sale Event can register in the store to win $50 in Vermillion Bucks!
- W.H. Over Museum gala grand opening of the American Rivers traveling exhibit: "Discovering the Rivers of Lewis and Clark." This event is the formal opening of the exhibit and will be catered by Valiant Vineyards Winery. This is a fund raiser to help defray the expense of bringing the exhibit to Vermillion and the donation is $10 per person. Doors open at 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 4. Children welcome.
- Cancer Benefit Dance � Join the Eagles on Saturday, March 4 at 6 p.m. to help raise funds for Fred Waggener. The Clay Creek Deaf Cowboy Band will be performing. Tickets are $7 per person or $10 per couple.
- Vermillion's City Council will meet on Monday, March 6. City council meetings are held the first and third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Al Neuharth Center. For more information contact the City Office at 677- 7050 or email email@example.com. You can check out the meeting agenda on the city's Web site at www.cityofvermillion.com.
- Please join the National Music Museum and the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company for a Business After Hours Social Event Wednesday, March 8, 5 to 7 p.m. at the National Music Museum. Members of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company are invited to view the new exhibition of the "Great American Guitars" and tour the recently renovated Sally Fantle Archival Research Center. Refreshments will be served and the event is open to the public. For more information contact 624-5571.
- Join the Vermillion Firemen at the Eagles from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturday, March 11 for the Vermillion Firemen's Dance.
- HBA Home Show is Saturday, March 11, 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, March 12, noon to 4 p.m. at the Yankton City Auditorium, 5th & Walnut Streets. The Lewis and Clark Home Builders Association Home Show is designed for home owners in all stages of building, remodeling, landscaping and decorating their homes. Tickets are $3 at the door.
For more information please contact Midwest Homes at 624-4661.
- Community Calendar � To check out more great community events or if you would like to submit an event, please log on to www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
By David Lias For most people in Vermillion, Cheryl Miller and Pamella Jackson have been merely images on newsprint. The … Read Article