- Prentis Park Playground Fund Raiser – Over 25 years ago, the City of Vermillion installed playground equipment in Prentis Park just east of the swimming pool. Many families have enjoyed this equipment, but it is now time to replace it. The new equipment will serve kids of all ages and will be handicapped accessible, which the current equipment is not. The new equipment has slides, climbing towers, swings, a challenging rock climbing board and many other items that the children of Vermillion will love.
The Vermillion Area Community Foundation and the Prentis Park Playground Committee are seeking public contributions to help fund the project. Keeping with the spirit of a public/private partnership, the Vermillion Area Community Foundation, a 501(C)3 non profit organization, will handle all contributions so that they are tax deductible.
Please make your contribution to VACF/Prentis Park Project and send it to VACF, PO Box 342, Vermillion, SD 57069. The children of Vermillion will thank you for your generosity every time they play on it, as will their parents and grandparents!
- Golden Easter Egg Promotion – Vermillion's sixth annual Golden Easter Egg Hunt began Thursday, April 6! The "Golden Egg" is hidden somewhere within the city limits of Vermillion. Participants can only get the daily clues by going to the participating businesses. No phone calls please. The lucky winner who locates the egg will be awarded $250 in Vermillion Bucks and a basket of merchandise.
- Child Care Training – Join us every Thursday in April for the remainder of this four-part series that began April 6.
Session 2 – Thursday, April 13 – Understanding Children's Behaviors: Guidance & Discipline.
Session 3 – Thursday, April 20 – Primary Care Giving & Respectful Care.
Session 4 – Thursday, April 27 – More Than a Routine & Group Care Environments.
Sessions will be held at the Clay County 4-H Center at 515 High Street from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Please contact 677-7111 by 5 p.m. the day before a session to pre-register.
- Brown Bag Lunch – The National Music Museum presents "Mostly French: In memory of Laurette Goldberg." Angeline Case, University of Memphis, plays music for harpsichord by Bach, Couperin, and Jacquet de La Guerre. Come listen to the show at the National Music Museum on Friday, April 7 starting at 12:05 p.m. This program is free and open to the public.
- Red Dot Sale Event – Shop for special savings and special deals during the Red Dot Sale Event on Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8. Anyone who purchases anything at a participating merchant's business during the Red Dot Sale Event can register in the store to win $50 in Vermillion Bucks. Don't miss this opportunity to shop locally for special savings and the chance to win.
- United Way of Vermillion presents "The Music of Sweetwater." Come enjoy a sweet mixture of gospel, country, and swing music, along with the talent of Vermillion's Middle School musicians on Friday, April 21, at 7 p.m. The concert will be in Farber Hall of Old Main on the USD campus. Tickets are available at the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company, Hy-Vee, Jones Food Center, and Nook 'n Cranny. All proceeds will benefit the agencies and individuals who are supported by the United Way of Vermillion!
- Heritage Arts Day – Please join us on Saturday, April 22 at the 4-H Center at 515 High Street. Classes are offered at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Participants may register for one class per session. If you have any questions regarding the day's activities, please contact Deb or Colleen at the Clay County Extension Office at 677-7111. Registration is due by Wednesday, April 12.
10 a.m. to noon sessions:
Let Freedom Ring Angel; Fabric Post Cards; Beaded Jewelry; Beaded Lantern Lights.
1 to 3 p.m. sessions: Quilting 101; Dangly Doorway Decor; Fun & Fashionable Flip Flops; Beaded Jewelry; Inspirational Plaques.
- Mark your calendars for the VCDC Golf Social on Tuesday, Aug. 1 at The Bluffs Golf Course. More information will be provided on this event in the near future! For questions or to reserve your spot in advance, contact us at 624-5571.
- Community Calendar – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
By Jeremy Hoeck firstname.lastname@example.org VERMILLION — It took about 25 minutes, but eventually order was restored and the USD men’s … Read Article