- The reconstruction of Dakota Street from Main Street to Cherry Street is progressing. Pavement removal is nearly complete on the south two blocks between Main and Cedar. The paving crew is now on-site and starting to construct storm sewer inlets at the Main and Dakota intersection, a process which will be followed by intersection paving.
The inlet and paving work in the intersection is estimated to require an additional two to three weeks, weather permitting. The temporary detour for east-west traffic on Main Street at Dakota Street will continue to be around Harvard Street, National Street, and Elm Street. For more information and updates, you can contact the city at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 677-7050. Anyone interested in receiving email notifications about the Dakota Street reconstruction project is encouraged to email the City of Vermillion at email@example.com.
- Come to the Vermillion Public Library to learn about dinosaurs during the month of May! Enjoy the DINOSTORIES exhibit with more than 15 hands-on activities running through Friday, May 26. For more information call 677-7060.
- Brown Bag Lunch Program � On Friday, May 26 at 12:05 p.m. the National Music Museum presents, The Euclid Quartet performing Hugo Kauder's String Quartet No. 2 and Claude Debussy's String Quartet in G minor. This show is free and open to the public.
- Dick and Jane is For Sale � This great business opportunity might be for you! Owners are graduating and moving, so email firstname.lastname@example.org soon!
- Kayaking Adventures � Join us at the Vermillion Public Library to hear Chad Cadwell of Missouri River Expeditions give a lecture on kayaking the Missouri River. This lecture will be held on Thursday, June 1 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. For more information call 677-7060.
- Shop for special savings and special deals during the Red Dot Sale Event on Friday, June 2 and Saturday, June 3! Anyone who purchases anything at a participating merchant's business during the Red Dot Sale Event can register in the store to win $50 in Vermillion Bucks! Don't miss this opportunity to shop locally for special savings and the chance to win!
- Brown Bag Forum � SESDAC, Inc. will be hosting a Brown Bag forum on Dignity, Diversity, and Developmental Disabilities on Friday, June 2 from 12 to 1:00 p.m. Sesdac is located at 1314 E. Cherry St. Vermillion. This forum is free and open to the public.
- USD Enrollment Forum � On Monday, June 5 at 11 a.m., USD will be hosting a community forum at the USD Foundation to provide an update on next year's enrollment and related topics. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to our office by Friday, May 26. Limited space is available, so sign up through the VCDC today!
- Vermillion's City Council Meeting � Vermillion's City Council will meet on Monday, June 5. City council meetings are held the first and third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Al Neuharth Center. For more information contact the City Office at 677-7050 or email email@example.com. You can check out the meeting agenda on the city's Web site at www.cityofvermillion.com.
- Students Looking For Work � If you are looking for summer employees The University Career Development Center can help! They have students looking for summer jobs. For more information contact Wendy at 677-5307.
- Dakota Classic Cruisers 11th Annual Car Show � This event continues to get bigger and better every year! Join us in Historic Downtown Vermillion on Saturday, June 3. Registration will be from 9 a.m. to noon and the car show will run from noon to 4 p.m. Come and enjoy great cars, great food, and great music! Admission is free! For more information contact 624-4705 or 356-3563.
- CloverBud 4-H Program � This program is designed to introduce families to the different 4-H programs for their children to get involved in. Your children will have fun-filled educational activities involving food, nutrition, crafts, and the Character Counts Program. Snacks are served at each meeting and parental involvement is welcome. The CloverBud 4-H Program will begin Monday, June 5 running through July 31. Cost is $10 per participant. Participants will be able to exhibit their class projects during the Clay County Fair. For more information contact Colleen at 677-7111.
- Merchant Meeting � The next merchant meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 7 starting at 6 p.m. at Candy Bouquet & Doo-Wop Shake Shop at 12 W. Main Street. Your input is appreciated!
- Tour de Kota � The second annual Argus Leader Tour de Kota bike ride across South Dakota will be June 12-16, running from Yankton to Milbank, with Discovery Rides through Vermillion the morning of Sunday, June 11. This event has grown from last year and hundreds of riders are expected to pass through our community. Special events are being planned for riders on Main Street in Vermillion that morning, and the public is welcome to join us downtown to meet and greet the visitors!
- Volunteers Needed � Tour de Kota is looking for two volunteers to sit at the Frog Creek watering station on Sunday, June 11. For more information call 624-5571.
- Welcome New VCDC Member � The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company would like to welcome Proefrock Electric, Inc. as a new member! Proefrock Electric, Inc. is located at 404 Washington in Gayville.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update � To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Our office will be closed on Monday, May 29 in observance of Memorial Day.