- Dakota Street Construction – The reconstruction of Dakota Street from Main Street to Cherry Street began on Tuesday, April 18. For more information and updates, you can contact the city at email@example.com or call 677-7050. Anyone interested in receiving e-mail notifications about the Dakota Street reconstruction project is encouraged to e-mail the City of Vermillion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer Fast Track Program – The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company, in collaboration with The University of South Dakota, is busy planning for the upcoming school year. The admissions office at USD is asking for items/coupons from local businesses to welcome the NEW incoming students to Vermillion. If you are interested in putting a coupon or item from your business in the Fast Track bags that go to the students, please have the items to our office no later than Friday, May 5, and we will get them included. We are asking for approximately 1,200 of each item for the bags. This is a great way to showcase your business and let the students at The University of South Dakota know what our community has to offer. If you have any questions please call our office at 624-5571.
- Dinosaur exhibit and activities throughout May – Come to Vermillion Public Library to learn about dinosaurs during the month of May! Enjoy the DINOSTORIES exhibit with more than 15 hands-on activities through Friday, May 26. There will also be weekly programs beginning Friday, May 5 through Monday, May 22. For more information call 677-7060.
- Brown Bag Lunch Program – On Friday, May 5 at 12:05 p.m., the National Music Museum presents "American Songs and Stories" from Sparky and Rhonda Rucker. This show is free and open to the public.
- Cinco de Mayo at the Roadhouse – Come to the Roadhouse to celebrate Cinco de Mayo on Friday, May 5. While at the Roadhouse enjoy food and drink specials.
? Austin Whittemore Museum "Attic Treasures Sales" – Join us on Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6 at the Austin Whittemore House for Attic Treasures Sales. If you have items you would like to donate to this event, or for more information call 624-8266.
- Shop for special savings and special deals during the Red Dot Sale Event on Friday, May 5 and Saturday, May 6! Anyone who purchases anything at a participating merchant's business during the Red Dot Sale Event can register in the store to win $50 in Vermillion Bucks! Don't miss this opportunity to shop locally for special savings and the chance to win!
- Join the Senior Center on Saturday, May 6 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the Spring Luncheon Fund Raiser sponsored by Friends of St. Agnes and members of the Senior Center. Tickets may be purchased by calling 624-8072 or stop by the Senior Citizens Center at 320 W. Main Street. The cost is $6 per ticket for all you can eat.
- Are you looking for a way to get more business exposure? If you are, then you should come to a "Referrals Over Breakfast" networking meeting on Friday, May 19 at the VCDC office beginning at 7:30 a.m. Please call 624-5571 to RSVP prior to May 17.
Cost to attendees is $2 which covers cost of rolls, juice and coffee.
- Community Calendar – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Yankton — Nate Franzen, president of First Dakota National Bank’s Ag Division, announced donations totaling $12,000 for the relief fund … Read Article