- The intersection of Dakota Street and Main Street is now open to traffic. The Dakota Street and National Street intersection will remain closed until all necessary construction is completed at that location. For more information or updates, you can contact the city at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 677-7050.
- The Curtis Fallon Art Collection Exhibit is being presented by the W.H. Over Museum in the Sletwold Hall – East Wing. The exhibit runs through June 29.
- Vermillion Community Theatre presents Damn Yankees Friday, June 23, at 8 p.m., Saturday, June 24 at 8 p.m., Sunday, June 25 at 2 p.m. and Monday, June 26 at 8 p.m. Are you aching to get out to the ballpark for that authentic baseball game feel? Look no further than this musical extravaganza! Come early and drink in the spirit of an old-time baseball park. Hot dogs and all the fixins', peanuts, free popcorn and even Crackerjacks will be available starting an hour before the game time (curtain). Our youngest actors will be performing for your pre-show enjoyment. Tickets are available at Nook 'n Cranny, Davis Pharmacy, Hy-Vee and at the door. Will-call tickets may be ordered by calling Nook 'n Cranny at 624-4611 or for more information call Sandra Dickenson at 624-6670. All performances will be held at the Vermillion High School Theater.
- The National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch program presents, "Jack Norton and the Mullet River Boys" from Minneapolis, performing vintage ragtime and jazz, hobo bluegrass, honky-tonk country, gospel, and vaudeville-inspired folk. This program begins at 12:05 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
- "Valkommen till the 137th Annual Midsommar at Dalesburg" event on Friday, June 23. Schedule: 2 p.m. – Church Life in Sweden and Denmark; Nora Store Music in June; Youth Lefse Making Factory; 4:30-6:30 p.m. � Scandinavian Smorgasbord; 5 p.m. – Children's Train Rides; Luther League Food Stand (1 to 10 p.m.); 7 p.m. � Dalesburg Community Band; Jack Norton & The Mullet River Boys; Raising of Midsommar Pole, Scandanavian Ring Dances, Midsommar Ball Game. The Dalesburg Community Worship begins at 9 a.m. on Sunday, June 25.
- Writer Ed Allen will be the featured reader at the Vermillion Literary Project Slam at 7 p.m. on Thursday, June 29, at the Coffee Shop Gallery, 24 West Main Street, downtown Vermillion. Allen's reading will be followed by a poetry slam, a competition for poets. Poets should bring at least three poems. Prizes will be awarded! This event is free and open to the public.
- Join us at the 4-H Center for an Acrylic Painting Workshop on Friday, June 30 at 2 p.m. The class is put on by nationally known artists that are coordinated through "Let's Paint Run-Aways," in Sioux Falls. Each workshop is designed so each participant will go home with a finished acrylic painting. Seniors are encouraged to register. Class is limited to 25 people. Pre-registrations are encouraged – payment is due at that time. The class is open to the public ages 8 and up. To register or for more information contact 677-7111.
- July 4th Celebration at Barstow Park, 6 p.m. until dark. Please join us for games, fund-raising events, concessions, music and FIREWORKS! Donations for fireworks are welcome! Please send your donation to Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 906 East Cherry Street or call 624-5571 for more information on how you can help support this event.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
By David Lias email@example.com A call from a concerned citizen has led to the arrest of a Vermillion man for … Read Article