- Tour de Kota – Congratulations to everyone involved for making the Tour de Kota's pass through Vermillion this past weekend a success!
- Dakota Street Construction – The intersection of Dakota Street and Main Street is now open to traffic. The Dakota Street and National Street intersection will remain closed until such time that all necessary construction is completed at that location. For more information or updates, you can contact the city at email@example.com or call 677-7050.
- Curtis Fallon Art Collection Exhibit is presented by the W.H. Over Museum in the Sletwold Hall – East Wing. Exhibit runs from June 12 to June 29.
- Coupon Book for Dog Show Attendees – We will be printing coupon books to be distributed at the Siouxland Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show & Obedience Show that will be held on Saturday, July 1 and Sunday, July 2. This is an excellent opportunity for our businesses to gain more exposure and sales opportunities. Contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 624-5571 no later then Friday, June 23 to give us your coupon or business information that we will include in this book (at no charge to our members) that will be distributed to over 1000 attendees.
- USD Playhouse – The USD Playhouse presents Forever Plaid on June 15 – June 17 at 8 p.m. and June 18 at 2 and 8 p.m. For more information or for reservations call 677-5400.
- Open House & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – You are cordially invited to attend a Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Open House & Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Fireworks Unlimited located at 2719 East SD Hwy. 50 (1 mile east of Vermillion on the south side of Hwy. 50) on Saturday, June 17. Schedule: 8 p.m. – Open House/BBQ Begins; 8:30 p.m. – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony; After Sunset � Consumer Product Demonstration – Enjoy some great fireworks!
This is a family friendly event, so feel free to come out to enjoy food, fellowship, fun, and an awesome display!
- Scrabble Scrimmage – Please join the Vermillion Public Library on Saturday, June 17 from 1 to 4 p.m. in the community room for a Scrabble Scrimmage. This fun event is open to adults and your adults ages 12 to 18. Come challenge others to Scrabble games at this spelling social and improve your word knowledge!
- Austin Whittemore Museum Ice Cream Social – Join the Austin Whittemore Museum for this unique annual Ice Cream Social event on Thursday, June 22 from 5 to 7 p.m. In case of rain, please go to the Eagles. Don't miss this Vermillion summer tradition! For more information call 605-624-8266.
- Vermillion Community Theatre – Vermillion Community Theatre presents Damn Yankees on Friday, June 23 at the VHS Theatre. The show starts at 8 p.m. with pre-game activities starting at 6:45 p.m. For more information call Sandra Lea Dickenson at 624-6670.
- Midsommar at Dalesburg – "Valkommen till the 137th Annual Midsommar at Dalesburg" event on Friday, June 23. Schedule: 2 p.m. – Church Life in Sweden and Denmark; Nora Store Music in June; Youth Lefse Making Factory; 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. – Scandinavian Smorgasbord;
5 p.m. – Children's Train Rides; Luther League Food Stand (1 to 10 p.m.); 7 p.m. – Dalesburg Community Band; Jack Norton & The Mullet River Boys; Raising of Midsommar Pole, Scandanavian Ring Dances, Midsommar Ball Game.
The Dalesburg Community Worship begins at 9 a.m. on Sunday, June 25.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Sunday, June 18 � Happy Father's Day!