- Coupon Book for Dog Show Attendees – We will be printing coupon books to be distributed at the Siouxland Kennel Club All Breed Dog Show & Obedience Show to be held on Saturday, July 1 and Sunday, July 2. This is an excellent opportunity for our members to gain more exposure. Contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 624-5571 to place your coupon or business information in this book that will be distributed to over 1,000 attendees.
- Prairie Eye Clinic, formerly Eye Care Eye Wear, is now open for business at its new location at 11 Shriner Street. The phone number is 624-2020. Congratulations to Kevin and Cindy Brown and their staff on a beautiful new facility!
- Red Dot Sale Event – Congratulations to Lee Langbehn of Vermillion! He was the VCDC's lucky winner of the June Red Dot Sale Event Drawing for $50 in Vermillion Bucks! Lee shopped at Main Street Books during the June Red Dot Sale Event. Lee plans on returning to Main Street Books to spend his winnings. Mark your calendars for the next Red Dot Sale Event, which will be on Friday, July 7 and Saturday, July 8.
- Join the Friends of the W.H. Over Museum on Saturday, June 10 from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for a fund-raising "Rummage Sale on the Patio." All proceeds from this event support the W.H. Over Museum. Also on Saturday, June 10 at the W.H. Over Museum from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., experience the "W.H. Over Caf� for a Day" in the Discovery Room. We hope that you can join the Friends of the W.H. Over Museum for these great events! Thanks for your continued support!
- Please join the Vermillion Community Theatre and the Children Theatre Company of South Dakota as they present "Imagine Nation" on Saturday, June 10 at 7 p.m. at the Vermillion High School Theatre. For more information call Sandra Lea Dickenson at 624-6670.
- The second annual Argus Leader Tour de Kota bike ride across South Dakota will be June 12-16, running from Yankton to Milbank, with Discovery Rides through Vermillion the morning of Sunday, June 11. This event has grown from last year and hundreds of riders are expected to pass through our community. Special events are scheduled on Main Street in Vermillion that morning. The public is encouraged to join us downtown to meet and greet the visitors and to enjoy some great food and entertainment!
- The USD Playhouse presents Forever Plaid on June 15-17 at 8 p.m., and June 18 at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. For more information or for reservations call 677-5400.
- You are cordially invited to attend a Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Open House and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Fireworks Unlimited located at 2719 East SD Hwy. 50 (one mile east of Vermillion on the south side of Hwy. 50) on Saturday, June 17.
8 p.m. � Open House/BBQ Begins
8:30 p.m. � Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
After Sunset � Consumer Product Demonstration – Enjoy some great fireworks!
- Join the Austin Whittemore Museum for its annual Ice Cream Social on Thursday, June 22. For more information call 605-624-8266
- Vermillion Community Theatre presents Damn Yankees on Friday, June 23 at the VHS Theatre. For more information call Sandra Lea Dickenson at 624-6670.
- To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
? Mike Lauritsen will be leaving our organization and his role as VCDC Program Coordinator to pursue another opportunity with one of our partners in the region, SECOG (Southeastern Council of Governments) in Sioux Falls. SECOG is focused on some economic development efforts through their business and housing loan programs. Mike has background in banking as well as an entrepreneurial emphasis with his business degree, so his new position with SECOG is in line with his educational background and professional career goals. We are excited for Mike and the SECOG organization and wish them well with this new opportunity. We are planning on Mike's last day with the VCDC to be on Friday, June 23.
While we will miss Mike's contributions to our organization and his daily presence in our office, we are excited to have him remain, not too far away, as a partner in our region through his new role. Congratulations, Mike, and thanks for your contributions to our organization over the past year!
SIOUX FALLS, S.D.—South Dakota junior guard Raeshel Contreras hit a 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds left to send the Coyotes past … Read Article