- Dakota Hospital Foundation Sheri Ellis Memorial Golf Tournament – Monday, July 24, 2 p.m. shotgun start at The Bluffs Golf Course. Tournament will be an 18-hole, four-person scramble. For more information contact Mary Merrigan at 624-2611, ext. 461.
- Third Annual H-Worth Memorial Golf Tournament – Saturday, July 29 at The Bluffs Golf Course. A four-person scramble with prizes and free BBQ after the tournament. The tournament is in memory of Matthew Hollingsworth with all proceeds going to the Clay County EMS Department. To register contact the Bluffs Golf Course at 677-7058.
- VCDC Golf Social – Tuesday, Aug. 1 at The Bluffs Golf Course. You don't want to miss out on this wonderful day of golf, fellowship, and the chance to win great prizes! If you are a non-golfer or not able to participate in the afternoon's golf event, you are welcome to join us for dinner which will begin after golf, or approximately 6:30 p.m. For more information contact us at 624-5571.
- Leadership Workshop "Making the Transition from Worker to Leader / Supervisor – This dynamic half-day workshop, sponsored by Yankton's Regional Technical Education Center (RTEC) in association with S.M.A.R.T. Training, will be presented twice in Vermillion on Tuesday, Aug. 1 at the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 906 East Cherry Street. Cost is only $49 per person and you can choose the session that best fits your schedules. See related article in this week's Plain Talk.
- The Vermillion Coalition Against Domestic Violence has served the local community for over 20 years, by providing support and safety to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. To build upon this success, the coalition is undergoing a comprehensive planning exercise to chart its path for the next 20 years. You can be a part of this important work.
If you have received services from the Coalition, have been the victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or know someone who has, or are generally concerned about these issues, please take the time to complete the coalition's opinion survey.
The coalition's opinion survey can be completed at numerous locations in Vermillion including the library, churches, the Native American Cultural Center, Civic Council, Welcome Table, and some local restaurants. All survey responses are completely anonymous. Thank you for helping build a safer and better community.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.