- VHS Class of 1996 10 Year Reunion – The reunion kicks off on Friday, Aug. 4, 7 p.m. at the Charcoal Lounge. Saturday, Aug. 5, noon to 2 p.m., enjoy a picnic lunch at Prentis Park with a tour of the Vermillion High School. The event will be held at Carey's starting at 6:30 p.m. with dinner being catered by Paul Bliss Barbeque and a dance will follow. For more information or to register contact Jenny Knutson 202-0936.
- VFW Teener Regional Tournament – Vermillion will be hosting this year's regional tournament at Prentis Park Baseball Field Thursday, Aug. 3 with the Vermillion Teeners Baseball team playing at 7:30 p.m. The public is invited to cheer on the home team! The tournament continues on Saturday, Aug. 5 and Sunday, Aug. 6. For more information contact 677-7064.
- The Vermillion Lion's Club will be hosting its famous pancake breakfasts at the I-29 Exit 26 rest stop near Vermillion for the general public and bikers traveling through the area. Pancake breakfasts will be served daily from 7 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Aug. 3 through Monday, Aug. 7.
- Children's Miracle Network Golf Fund Raiser hosted by Wal-Mart – Saturday, Aug. 5, 2 p.m. at The Bluffs Golf Course. Cost is $40 per person for the 18 hole four-person scramble. Dinner will follow at 7 p.m. with prizes being handed out. For more information contact Brett or Alec at 624-0215.
- Cruisers Car Show sponsored by the Vermillion Jaycees – Please join us on Wednesday, Aug. 9 from 5 to 9 p.m. at Historical Main Street. All classic cars, custom cars, trucks, and motor cycles welcome. Win a professional photo shoot of your car by LumoStudios & Gallery or a free night stay at the Buffalo Run Winery. The public is invited to enjoy an evening of cars from the tri-state area, food, music, and fun! For more information contact Jen at 624-5900.
- Clay County Fair & Achievement Days (Events and times are subject to change)
- Wednesday, Aug. 9, 4 to 6 p.m. – Enter & Interview all non-livestock 4-H projects
- 6:00 to 8 p.m. – Entry of Open Class Exhibits.
- Thursday, Aug. 10, 8 to 11 a.m. – All Livestock Exhibits weighed & checked in.
Noon to 1 p.m. – Open Class Table Setting Contest. 4 p.m. – Open Class & 4-H Exhibit Buildings Open. 5 p.m. – Northern Lights Amusements and Carnival. 6 p.m. – 4-H Swine Show. 6:30 p.m. – Arena Beer Garden Opens. 7:30 p.m. – 4 Wheeler Mud Drags.
- Friday, Aug. 11, 8 a.m. �
4-H Rabbit Show. 10 a.m. – 4-H Sheep Show. Noon – Exhibits open. 1 p.m. – 4-H Poultry Show. 2 p.m. – Northern Lights Amusements and Carnival. 4 p.m. – Commercial Booths open. 4 p.m. – 4-H Cat Show. 5 to 7 p.m. – Entertainment by Poker Alice. 6 p.m. – Arena Beer Garden opens. 7 p.m. – Demolition Derby. 10 p.m. – Buildings close.
- Saturday, Aug. 12 – 9 a.m. – 4-H Beef Show. Noon to 1 p.m. – Open Class Fruit, Pie and Cookie Contest. Noon – 4-H Fashion Revue practice. Noon – Exhibits and Commercial Booths; Northern Lights Amusements and Carnival opens. 1:15 p.m. – 4-H Round Robin Contest. 3 p.m. – 4-H Fashion Review. 3:30 p.m. – Livestock Awards. 4 p.m. – Round Bale Rolling Contest. 4:30 p.m.� Arena Beer Garden opens. 5 p.m. – Tractor / Pick-up Pull. 5 to 6 p.m. – Community Pork Sandwich BBQ. 6 p.m. – Pie and cookie auction. 6:30 p.m.Open Class division winner photos. 7 p.m. – Open Mike's Talent Finals. 9 p.m. Street Dance featuring "Scratch That." 10 p.m. – Buildings close.
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast – The Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company, along with area merchants, will be hosting a Teacher Appreciation Breakfast at Vermillion High School on Tuesday, Aug. 22 beginning at 8:15 a.m. Merchants – if you are interested in helping with this event, please be at VHS for set up at 7:45 a.m.
- VCDC Golf Social – Thank you to the following for their support with this year's Golf Social: The Bluffs Golf Course, Mister Smith's Bakery Caf� & Catering, our hole sponsors & pin prize donators, players, Dakota PC Warehouse, Avery Brothers, Pro's, Donna Schafer, AAA of South Dakota, Prairie Eye Clinic, Vermillion Printing & Graphics, VCDC Golf Social Committee, and everyone else who contributed to the event. We could not have done it with your support.
- Bull-a-Rama – Aug. 25-27.
- Great Dakota Wine & Music Festival – Sept. 2-3.
- Spirit of Vermillion Days – Sept. 2-3.
- Downtown After Dark/ Crazy Daze – Sept.28.
VERMILLION, S.D. – A Vermillion man died in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of S.D. Highway 50 and S.D. … Read Article