- November Red Dot Winner – Congratulations to Jacquie Pittman of Vermillion! She shopped at Subway over the weekend of Nov. 3 and 4, and is the winner of $50 in Vermillion Bucks! The next Red Dot Sales Event is Dec. 1 and 2, so get out there and shop that weekend for your chance to win just like Jacquie!
- USD Community Education Fall 2006 Classes – Offering a variety of exciting courses to the citizens of Vermillion and surrounding areas. For more information, please go to www.usd.edu/ce
- Monday, Nov. 13, 6 to 8 p.m. – FrontPage, USD McKusick Tech Room #110, $10.
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 7 to 8 p.m., Retirement Savings, VHS Room #14.
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 6 to 8 p.m., Book Club West of Kabul, East of New York, Public Library.
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 6 to 8 p.m., Digital Camera, USD McKusick Tech room #110, $10.
- Saturday, Nov. 18, 9 a.m. to noon, Tree Pruning, VHS Room #30, $15.
- Saturday, Nov. 18, 2 to 5 p.m., Yarn Spinning III, LumoStudios, $30.
- Monday, Nov. 20, 6 to 8 p.m., Excel, USD McKusick Tech Room #110, $10.
- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall. This event is free and open to the public. Coffee and tea will be available for 50 cents.
- Friday, Nov. 10, "Songs from the Stage." Darla Earnest, soprano, who performs on opera and musical theater stages internationally, with Bruce Earnest, tenor, director of musical theater at USD, Aidan Soder, mezzo-soprano, assistant professor of voice, and Jayson Dobney, NMM associate director, playing the NMM's digital piano donated by Yamaha Corporation of America and Westmoor Music, Sioux Falls.
- Friday, Nov. 17, "An Electrifying Era: The Choralcelo," presented by John Koster, NMM Conservator and Professor of Music.
- W.H. Over Museum Veteran's Day Program – Saturday, Nov. 11, 10 a.m. in Sletwold Hall. There will be refreshments served and a short program honoring South Dakota's veterans. For more information contact the W.H. Over Museum at 677-5228
- Senior Center Fall Bazaar and Bake Sale – Saturday, Nov. 11, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Senior Center. Join them for soup, sandwiches, pies and baked goods galore, fresh coffee, many vendors, and raffles. This will be a fun day for all!
- USD Farber Forum Presenting Mark W. Bennett – Tuesday, Nov. 14, 4 p.m. at Farber Hall. Iowa Chief Judge J. Mark W. Bennett has presided over the trials of two of the most notorious murderers in the Midwest, and his presentation is titled, "Life in the Balance: Reflections of a Federal District Court Judge on two Death Penalty Trials."
- Holiday Get Together at Pamida – Thursday, Nov. 16 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pamida wants to get to know their neighbors a little better and to introduce people to some exciting new things happening at your local store! Please join us for coffee and cookies and a chance to talk about our community and opportunities for us to work together to keep making it a better place to live, work, and play. Pamida is committed to being a valuable member of our community, and we want your input so that we can continue to play a significant role. There is a lot happening at Pamida, and we want to share all of it with you! We look forward to seeing you there!
- Clay County Historical Society Tour of Homes – Sunday, Nov. 19, 2 to 4:30 p.m. Tickets are $12.50, and are available at Nook 'n Cranny, Vermillion Beauty Shop, The Sir Stylists Beauty Shop, and the Austin-Whittemore House. Homes this year are decked out in both fall and Christmas themes, and are sure to be absolutely beautiful. Get your tickets today! If you have questions about the tour, call Cleo Erickson at 624-8266.
- USD Foundation/Freedom Forum Al Neuharth Media Center Open House – Thursday, Nov. 30, 5 to 7 p.m. at the Wagner Center. Come and view a photograph exhibit by Paul Schiller entitled, "A Walk Across Dakota: A Unique Perspective of the Dakota Prairie," and help honor Kent Scribner, a retiring member of the fundraising staff.
- VCDC Holiday Procession of the Season – runs through Dec. 31. 'Tis the season of Open Houses, great deals, and fellowship! These are just a few of the open houses and events that will be a part of the Holiday Procession of the Season! Watch for more exciting events coming soon!
- Nov. 11 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Vermillion Senior Center Fall Bazaar and Bake Sale.
- Nov. 11 – 2 to 5 p.m. – Holiday Open Houses/Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies for Man of the Cloth and Ot 'n Dot's in downtown Vermillion.
- Nov. 16 – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. – Holiday Open House for Pamida.
- 4 to 7 p.m. – Holiday Open House for Jones' Food Center.
- Nov. 30 – 5 to 7 p.m. – Holiday Open House for USD Foundation/Freedom Forum Al Neuharth Media Center.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
- City Council Meeting Monday, Nov. 20. Agendas are available at www.vermillion.us.
- VCDC Office will be closed Friday, Nov. 10.