- December Red Dot Winner – Congratulations to Kim Conrad of Newcastle, NE! She shopped at Choice Pharmacy over the weekend of Dec. 1 and 2, and is the winner of $50 in Vermillion Bucks!
- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall. This event is free and open to the public. Coffee and tea will be available for 50 cents.
Friday, Dec. 8, "A Euclidean Encore," featuring the Euclid String Quartet.
- VCDC Holiday Procession of the Season – runs through Dec. 31. ?Tis the season of Open Houses, great deals, and fellowship! These are just a few of the open houses and events that will be a part of the Holiday Procession of the Season! Watch for more exciting events coming soon!
Dec. 9 – 1 and 3 p.m. – Hollywood Video free movie Barnyard.
Dec. 10 – 6 to 8 p.m. – "Vermillion Holiday Tour of Lights."
Dec. 14 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – First Dakota National Bank Holiday Open House.
Dec. 14 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – CorTrust Bank Holiday Open House.
Dec. 16 – 1 and 3 p.m. – Hollywood Video free movie Garfield II Tail of 2 Kittens
- Parents Day Out – Need a babysitter while you finish your holiday shopping? The Dance Marathon Executive Committee will be babysitting on Sunday, Dec. 10 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. This event will take place at the Vermillion Middle School at 422 Princeton Street. If you would like the committee to watch over your little ones, please register your child online at www.usd.edu/orgs/dancemarathon; or at the door. Donations for the day are always appreciated! Hope to see you there! Lunch will not be provided, but a snack will. All proceeds support the Children's Miracle Network. For more information please e-mail email@example.com.
- Vermillion's "Community Tour of Lights"� The public is invited to the VCDC Community Tour of Lights bus tour on Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. The bus will depart from the VCDC parking lot at 906 East Cherry Street. All entries for the "Community Tour of Light Contest" will be showcased as well as the three lucky contest winners. If you are interested in the FREE bus tour or need more information please call the VCDC office at 624-5571. It's a great way to spend quality family time while enjoying the holiday displays and fellowship on the bus with members of the community!
- USD Music Department Holiday Concert – Sunday, Dec. 10, 3 to 5 p.m. at Slagle Auditorium. USD Music Department will be performing holiday favorites and other special music. A $5 donation is requested to help support the USD Music Department Scholarship program.
- The Vermillion Area Arts Council holiday fund raiser – Children are invited to come to the Washington Street Arts Center at 202 Washington Street to decorate paper that will become gift wrap. People can bring their gifts to the Arts Center to be wrapped in this custom paper. If you want some fun time for your kids, bring them to the Arts Center any time between 1 to 4 p.m. on Dec. 9 to decorate the gift wrap. It's free and it's fun! Dress them appropriately because they might get messy! If you want to help out the VAAC and get your presents wrapped in really cool, one-of-a-kind gift wrap, bring your gifts to the Arts Center on Dec. 16 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. or drop them off any time between now and then at Main Street Books. You can pick up your wrapped packages at the Arts Center on Dec. 16.
- Senior Citizen's Center Christmas Dinner Call for Volunteers – Senior Citizens Center is looking for volunteers to assist with the Senior Christmas Dinner on Friday, Dec. 15 that begins at 5 p.m. We are normally able to recruit students from the university who are looking for service projects to help us with our dinner/fund raisers, but school will be closed, the students will be out of town and the party must go on. We need individuals from 4:30 to 8 p.m. to assist with set-up, serving meals and beverages, picking up dishes from tables, and cleaning up the kitchen. I assure you it will be a very enjoyable evening with great conversation, socialization with the seniors, and a free roast beef dinner. If you are interested in volunteering your time and talents for the evening, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chrystal McGuire at 624-8072 (office) or 670-2823 (cell).
- USD Community Education Fall 2006 Classes – Offering a variety of exciting courses to the citizens of Vermillion and surrounding areas. For more information, please go to www.usd.edu/ce
- Saturday, Dec. 16, 1 to 4 p.m., Scrabble Scrimmage, Public Library.
- Welcome Jennifer Steele to CorTrust Bank – The public is invited to attend an open house to welcome Jennifer Steele to CorTrust Bank, 101 West Main Street on Thursday, Dec. 21, 5 to 7 p.m. Refreshments will be served!
- Thank You – On behalf of the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company, we'd like to thank everyone who participated in our holiday activities this past weekend, which included Santa's Parade, the lighting of the community tree, visits at Santa's house, and stories and activities with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Vermillion Public Library. We are blessed to have such great people working together with us on behalf of our community! We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season!
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Meetings and Events:
City Council Meeting Monday, Dec. 18. Agendas are available at www.vermillion.us
SIOUX FALLS, S.D.—South Dakota junior guard Raeshel Contreras hit a 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds left to send the Coyotes past … Read Article