- USD Hockey Home Games – Located at Yankton-Alcoa Arena. Friday, Jan. 26, 7 p.m.: USD vs. Creighton. Saturday, Jan. 27, 7 p.m.: USD vs. Creighton.
- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall. This event is free and open to the public. Coffee and tea will be available for 50 cents. Jan. 19: Eine Schubertiade, music by Franz Schubert, performed by members of USD's Dakota Baroque & Classis Company. Restoration funds gift of Stella Anker (1912-2004), Vermillion, in whose memory this program is dedicated. Jan. 26: Roma di Luna, original songs of varying shade, style, and shape, as well as traditional ballads.
- Washington Street Arts Center Events – Friday, Jan. 19, 7 to 10 p.m.: Josh Watts, printmaker, will present his work. Saturday, Jan. 20, from 6 to 9:30 p.m.: Annual soup supper. In addition, Bruce Preheim will present his work.
- W.H. Over Fund Raiser – Saturday, Jan. 20, 8 to 10 p.m. John and Susan McNeill and David Napier will present a two-hour "American Music: Across the Spectrum" concert. Admission is $12 per person. Refreshments will be available for purchase. All proceeds will benefit the museum.
- Pi Sigma Epsilon Student Silent Auction – Thursday, Jan. 25 at 6 p.m. at the Valiant Vineyards Winery. For more information, contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 624-5571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valiant Vineyards Winery Winemakers Dinner – Saturday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. Enjoy this special five-course culinary experience, featuring a South Dakota cheese torte with Larry Smith's focaccia; cranberry spinach salad; the trio of wild mushroom sour with chanterelle, porcini, and morel mushrooms; fillet of pheasant breast in a sherry cream sauce, and Belgian chocolate mousse. $50 per ticket, plus tax and gratuity. Call 624-4500 for reservations.
- Vermillion/USD Day in Pierre – Thursday, Feb. 8. All Vermillion residents are encouraged to make the trip to Pierre to support this event. The city of Vermillion has arranged for a charter bus, which will leave the Pamida parking lot at 6:30 a.m. and arrive back in Vermillion around midnight the same day. Cost is $30 for the round trip. Reservations can be made by contacting Joan Tolsma or John Prescott at City Hall, 677-7050.
- Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Membership – We would like to thank all of our 2006 members for their support and partnerships throughout the past year. We're hopeful to receive your renewal information back in our office by Jan. 19 to ensure our members for 2007 are included, at no cost for a listing, in our Community Guide/Welcome to Vermillion book. The Broadcaster and Plain Talk are in the process of selling individual ads for the book, so please contact Sheila at 624-4429 to get your ad purchased today!
Ardell K. Hatch, 93, of Vermillion, passed away Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at the Sanford Vermillion Hospital. Ardell was born … Read Article