- USD Basketball at the DakotaDome – Go, Yotes! Saturday, Jan. 13, 6 p.m.: USD Women vs. University of North Dakota; Saturday, Jan. 13, 8 p.m.: USD Men vs. University of North Dakota.
- USD Hockey Home Games – Located at Yankton-Alcoa Arena. Tuesday, Jan. 16, 7 p.m.: USD vs. University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Friday, Jan. 26, 7 p.m.: USD vs. Creighton; Saturday, Jan. 27, 7 p.m.: USD vs. Creighton.
- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall. This event is free and open to the public. Coffee and tea will be available for 50 cents. Jan. 19: Eine Schubertiade, music by Franz Schubert, performed by members of USD's Dakota Baroque & Classis Company. Restoration funds gift of Stella Anker (1912-2004), Vermillion, in whose memory this program is dedicated.
January 26: Roma di Luna, original songs of varying shade, style, and shape, as well as traditional ballads. Roma di Luna ensemble "strives not for perfection, but for purpose. We play with casual smiles and convicted hearts, placing song before self, to share what we feel so passionately about and humbled to sing."
- Free Christmas Tree Drop-off – The city of Vermillion will be providing a free Christmas tree drop-off site. The site is located on Broadway Street, west of Dakota Street and in the lot to the south side of the street. Trees will be accepted until Jan. 19. Please remove any plastic wrap and place it in the container provided at the site.
- W.H. Over Fund Raiser – Saturday, Jan. 20, 8 to 10 p.m. John and Susan McNeill and David Napier will present a two-hour "American Music: Across the Spectrum"concert. Admission is $12 per person. Refreshments will be available for purchase. All proceeds will benefit the museum.
- Valiant Vineyards Winery Winemakers Dinner – Saturday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. Enjoy this special five-course culinary experience, featuring a South Dakota cheese torte with Larry Smith's focaccia; cranberry spinach salad; the trio of wild mushroom sour with chanterelle, porcini, and morel mushrooms; fillet of pheasant breast in a sherry cream sauce, and Belgian chocolate mousse. Each course is paired with an appropriate Valiant Vineyards wine. $50 per ticket, plus tax and gratuity. Call 624-4500 for reservations.
- Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company Membership – We would like to thank all of our 2006 members for their support and partnerships throughout the past year. We look forward to working with you all again during this next year! Membership renewals for 2007 have been sent out. We're hopeful to receive your renewal information back in our office by Jan. 19 to ensure our members for 2007 are included, at no cost for a listing, in our Community Guide/Welcome to Vermillion book. The Broadcaster and Plain Talk are in the process of selling individual ads for the book, so please contact Sheila at 624-4429 to get your ad purchased today!
If you are not already a VCDC member and are interested in learning more about our organization or becoming a member, please contact our office at 624-5571; stop by to visit Lisa, Tina, or Evie at 906 East Cherry St.; or visit www.vermillionchamber.com.
- 2007 Welcome to Vermillion/Community Guide book – We are in the process of updating the information to be included in the 2007 Welcome to Vermillio/Community Guide book. During the year, this book gets distributed to over 10,000 potential residents, prospective businesses, and visitors to our community. We would strongly suggest that you consider placing an ad in the book, as this is one of our community's largest marketing pieces. Please contact Sheila at The Broadcaster at 624-4429 to reserve your ad space soon! Our print deadline is quickly approaching!
- Attention, Organizations – The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company office is currently updating our clubs and organizations lists and contact information for our 2007 Community Guide book. Please contact our office at 624-5571 to update your organization's information or if you would like your organization to be added to the list.
Community Calendar – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Meetings and Events – City Council meeting, Monday, Jan. 15. Agendas are available at www.vermillion.us
By Travis Gulbrandson firstname.lastname@example.org Al Neuharth is remembered around the world as a legend in the field of journalism … Read Article