- Community Education Spring 2007 Schedule – To register, visit www.usd.edu/ce or call 677-6240.
March 22, Sign Language II, 6 to 7 p.m., Vermillion High School Room #15.
March 22, Library Book Club, 6 to 8 p.m., Vermillion Public Library.
March 24, Fishing Fun, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Vermillion Public Library.
March 24, Ballroom Dancing Session IV, 4 to 5:15 p.m., Vermillion High School Auxiliary Gym.
March 27, Photoshop, 6 to 8 p.m., McKusick Tech Room #110.
March 29, Sign Language II, 6 to 7 p.m., Vermillion High School Room #5.
March 31, Add Years to Your Life, 9 to 11 a.m., Vermillion Public Library.
- Dan Lennon High School Invitational Indoor Track Meet – Monday, March 26 – Class A Schools and Tuesday, March 27, Class B Schools all at the DakotaDome.
- United Way of Vermillion Annual Meeting – Wednesday, March 28, 6 to 6:30 p.m. social followed by a program at Buffalo Run Winery. The United Way of Vermillion cordially invites all of its partner agencies, its contributors, and the general public to its annual meeting. Please contact the United Way of Vermillion office at 624-5354 for more information.
- Golden Easter Egg Hunt – The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company's Seventh Annual Golden Easter Egg Hunt begins Thursday, March 29! The "Golden Egg" is hidden somewhere within the city limits of Vermillion. Participants can only get the daily clues by going to the participating businesses! No phone calls please! The lucky winner who locates the egg will be awarded $250 in Vermillion Bucks and a basket full of merchandise!
- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall. This event is free and open to the public. Coffee and tea will be available for 50 cents.
March 30 – Conundrum Duo, featuring Robert Glaubitz (tenor) and Carey Harwood (guitar, lute, banjo) from Boulder, CO, performing music from the Renaissance to the 20th century.
- SD Chamber of Commerce & Industry Post-Legislative Session Luncheon – Friday, March 30, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Pro's Sports Bar at 912 North Dakota St. Please join the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company for an informative and enlightening discussion as we learn about results of the 2007 Legislative Session with featured speaker David Owen, president of the SD Chamber of Commerce & Industry. Attendees are welcome to enjoy a soup and sandwich buffet lunch. Please RSVP prior to Tuesday, March 27 by calling the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 624-5571.
- Vermillion After Prom Party Basket Fund Raiser Rescheduled – The Vermillion After Prom Party Basket Fund Raiser, which was scheduled for Friday, March 2, has been rescheduled for Friday, March 30, at Pro's. The evening begins with 6 p.m. social hour, 7 p.m. dinner, and auction following. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at Nook 'n Cranny, Vermillion Beauty Shop, and Candy Bouquet/Doo-Wop Shake Shop. For more information on this event please contact 624-2801.
- SESDAC Benefit Auction – Join SESDAC at Buffalo Run Winery on Saturday, March 31 for a benefit auction. The gala begins with hors d'oeuvres at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m., silent auction closes at 8 p.m., and live auction at 9 p.m.. To get your tickets contact 624-4419.
- Friends of the W.H. Over Museum – "Coloring Easter Eggs with Maxine" Saturday, March 31, 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the W.H. Over Museum. For more information contact 677-5228.
- The Bluffs Membership Appreciation Kickoff – Saturday, March 31 – 2 p.m. free golf tips, 3 p.m. Nine-Hole Shotgun Start, 5 to 6 p.m., social hour, and 6 p.m., dinner served. Free dinner for all paid members for 2007! Guest's dinner ticket is $5. Everyone who has paid his/her 2007 membership in full will be eligible for the drawing of two $250 Bluffs gift certificates! For more information contact 677-7058.
- Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Community Leaders Education Session – You are invited to attend one of a series of pandemic influenza educational sessions on Wednesday, April 4, noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Public Library Community Room. Sessions are being hosted across the state of South Dakota by Sanford USD Medical Center. This meeting will assist Vermillion residents in preparing for major events, such as a pandemic, that could isolate Vermillion from immediate outside assistance. Events such as tornados, ice storms, or major blizzards would require the community to be self sufficient for an extended period of time. Community participation with the plan is essential to its success. All members of the community are urged to participate in this event. Lunch will be provided. For additional information, contact Julie Girard at 605-638-8466 or Greg Santa Maria at 605-333-6645.
- 2007 Vermillion Home & Garden Show – Saturday, April 14, 9 a.m.to 9 p.m. and Sunday, April 15, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Clay County Fairgrounds. Booth exhibits include: home builders, home remodeling, design and construction, lawn and garden care, insurance, financial services, retail, not to mention some great food! Product demonstrations featuring grilling, decking, home improvements, landscaping and gardening, and much more! Enter to win a gas grill, patio set, lawnmower, custom bay window, and tons of other great stuff! Admission is $2 per person and kids 12 and under are free. For more information, contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 624-5571.
- Welcome New VCDC Member – The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company would like to welcome Mary Derby and the team at pullUin Software, located at 15 South Plum St. in Vermillion, as new VCDC members!
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillioncham ber.com or contact 624-5571.
By Caleb Miller The 15-16 Teener baseball team used strong pitching and stifling defense in the opening rounds of last … Read Article