- Vermillion High School Basketball – Congratulations to the Vermillion High School girls' basketball team for making it to state! Go, Tanagers! Congratulations to the Vermillion High School boys' basketball team for making it to regionals! Go, Tanagers!
- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall. This event is free and open to the public. Coffee and tea will be available for 50 cents.
- March 16 – Dancing with St. Pat: Sioux Falls Ceili Band with Tom Parliman, bodhran and bagpipes; Bill Peterson, fiddle; Carol Skallerud, flute and vocals; John Everist, concertina; and Jill Groth, tin whistle; and Bruce Barton, mandolin, who hopes to make it down from Canada to join the fun. Irish music, (jigs, reels, hornpipes, and polkas) played in the old style, illustrates the history of traditional Irish dance from the 1700s to present.
- Wal-Mart Blood Donation Challenge Rescheduled – Friday, March 9, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Wal-Mart parking lot. This is a challenge between Vermillion Wal-Mart and Yankton Wal-Mart. Which store can get the most donors? For more information on this event, please contact 624-0215.
- USD Men's and Women's Basketball – Congratulations to USD Men's and Women's Basketball teams for an outstanding season and for making it to the next levels! Best of luck in the upcoming games and Go, Yotes!
- USD women will play Concordia-St. Paul on Friday, March 9 at 6 p.m. in Grand Forks, ND.
- USD men will play University of Nebraska-Kearney on Saturday, March 10 at 8:30 p.m. in Winona, MN. Please see www.usd.edu athletics calendar of events for more information
Community Education Spring 2007 Schedule
- March 10 – Ballroom Dancing, Session II, 4 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., Vermillion Auxiliary Gym.
- March 12 – Ebay, 6 to 8 p.m., McKusick Tech Room, #110.
- March 13 ��Computer Basics I, 6 to 7 p.m., McKusick Tech Room, #110.
- March 15 – Sign Language I, 6 to 7 p.m., Vermillion High School, Room #15.
- March 17 – Scrabble Scrimmage, 1 to 4 p.m., Vermillion Public Library.
- March 17 – Ballroom Dancing Session III, 4 to 5:15 p.m., Vermillion High School Auxiliary Gym.
Community Education Spring 2007 Schedule – To register, visit www.usd.edu/ce or call 677-6240.
- Time to Spring Forward! Daylight Savings Time begins Saturday, March 11 at midnight. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour!
- Vermillion Lions' Club Sight First II Campaign – Thursday, March 15, 7 p.m. at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. Tickets for the show and all-you-can-eat soup supper are $27.50; performance alone is $20. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Gloria Christopherson at the Nook ?n Cranny: 624-4611.
- 2007 Home & Garden Show – The deadline for the 2007 Home & Garden Show is quickly approaching! Please send your booth reservation forms to our office by March 15 to secure a place in the show. Spaces are filling up fast!
- Vermillion's Arts Council Saint Patrick's Day Supper – March 17, 5 p.m. at the Vermillion Arts Council, 202 Washington Street. Supper tickets for members are $10, for non-members, $15, and family rates do apply.
- Vermillion After-Prom Party Basket Fund Raiser Rescheduled – The Vermillion After Prom Party Basket Fund Raiser, which was scheduled for Friday, March 2, has been rescheduled for Friday, March 30, at Pro's. The evening begins with 6 p.m. social hour, 7 p.m. dinner, and auction following. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at Nook ?n Cranny, Vermillion Beauty Shop, and Candy Bouquet / Doo-Wop Shake Shop. For more information on this event, please contact 624-2801.
Community Calendar – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log on to www.vermillioncham ber.com or contact 624-5571.
By David Lias For most people in Vermillion, Cheryl Miller and Pamella Jackson have been merely images on newsprint. The … Read Article