- Community Education Spring 2007 Schedule � To register, visit www.usd. edu/ce or call 677-6240
April 30, Infant Toddler Certificate IV, 6:30 to 9 p.m., Extension Office.
May 7, Growing Strawberries, 6 to 8 p.m., Vermillion High School Room # 25.
- Arbor Day Tree Planting – Friday, April 27, 12:15 p.m. Please join the Vermillion Garden Club, the Austin School second-graders and teachers at the new Washington Street Community Garden for their annual tree planting. The public is invited and encouraged to attend. For more information contact Nila Fostvedt at 624-8556.
- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – 12:05 to 12:55 p.m., Arne B. Larson Concert Hall.
Free and open to the public. Coffee and tea available for 50 cents.
April 27 – Krummhorns, Recorders, and Sackbuts – Oh My! Featuring the USD Collegium Musicum playing music of the Renaissance and Baroque.
May 4 – The Kyai Rengga Manis Everist Gamelan, USD Gamelan Ensemble.
- USD Theater Department Presents Hayfever by Noel Coward, April 25-April 28, 7:30 p.m., and April 29, 2 p.m. at the Wayne S. Knutson Theatre. For more information or tickets please contact USD ticket office at 677-5400.
- Vermillion Rotary Club Meeting – Tuesday, May 1, noon at the Al Neuharth Center.
- Vermillion Parks & Recreation Summer Registration Day – Wednesday, May 2, 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the Vermillion Armory/Community Center. For more information please contact the Vermillion Parks & Recreation Department at 677-7064.
- Vermillion Garden Club Annual Plant Sale – Saturday, May 5, 9 to 11 a.m. at the 4-H Grounds located at 515 High Street. For more information, contact Nila Fostvedt at 624-8556.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillion chamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Please help us welcome new VCDC Members!
Howe Property Services – Steve Howe – 624-1928 – www.howepropertyser vices.com. A complete services company caring for private homes and rental property, including property management, home inspections, and preventative maintenance.
Jim's Lawn Care – Jim Taylor – 624-9105. Offering a complete line of lawn care services for residential and commercial needs.
For more information on Vermillion school events and activities, go to www.vermil lion.k12.sd.us.