- Community Education Spring 2007 Schedule – To register, visit www.usd.edu/ce or call 677-6240
- April 11, Home Buying, 7 to 9 p.m., Vermillion High School Library
- April 14, Knitting 101, 9 to 11 a.m., Vermillion High School Library
- Golden Easter Egg Hunt – Congratulations to Eric Storm and Patrick Haught on finding the seventh Annual VCDC Golden Easter Egg. The egg was located at Cotton Park and hidden beneath the left corner of the wooden bridge. The lucky winners received $250 in Vermillion Bucks and a basket full of merchandise with a total value of over $500! Thanks to all of the participants!
- Sanford Vermillion Medical Center Easter Egg Hunt Rescheduled – It will now be held on Thursday, April 5, 6:30 p.m. at the Care Center Courtyard, 125 Walker Street; please enter from the south on Jane Street. There will be three separate age groups with two prizes per age group! For more information contact Julie at 605-638-8427.
- Kiss The Pig Contest Relay For Life Fund Raiser – Vote for the community leader you would like to see kiss the pig! All money received though votes will benefit the 2007 Relay for Life event. Vote by depositing minimum of 50 cents per vote into the jar of your choice. Vote early and vote often!
- Dan Christopherson, Vermillion mayor.
- John Prescott, Vermillion city manager.
- Dr. Roy Mortinsen, Sanford Vermillion Medical Center chief of staff.
- Art Mabry, Vermillion chief of police.
- Timothy J. Tracy, CEO, Sanford Vermillion Medical Center.
- Steve Miller, pastor of United Church of Christ – Congregational.
- Jim Abbott, University of South Dakota president.
- Mark Froke, Vermillion School District superintendent.
- Andy Howe, Clay County sheriff.
- Farron Pratt, First Dakota National Bank president.
- Bob Bowker, Jolley School principal.
- Dan Kenton, United Way of Vermillion board member.
- Lisa Ketcham, Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company executive director.
A jar for all participants is also available at Sanford Vermillion Medical Center main lobby. Community jars will be collected at noon and at 5 p.m. at the main lobby at Sanford Vermillion Medical Center lobby on April 11!
For more information contact Mary Merrigan at 624-2611.
- 2007 Vermillion Home & Garden Show – Saturday, April 14, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, April 15, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Clay County Fairgrounds. We will have over 60 booth exhibits including home builders, home remodeling, design and construction, lawn and garden care, insurance, financial services, retail, not to mention some great food!
Product demonstrations featuring grilling, decking, home improvements, landscaping and gardening, and much more! Enter to win a gas grill, patio set, lawnmower, custom bay window, and tons of other great stuff! Admission is $2 per person and kids 12 and under are free. For more information, contact the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company at 624-5571.
Big Friends-Little Friends Spring Carnival, Saturday, April 14, noon to 3:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Armory. You are invited to attend the Big Friends-Little Friends Spring Carnival, which will feature door prizes, food concessions, human bowling, basketball, Frisbee golf, mini golf, football toss, indoor softball, Twister, hula hoops, and much more! Bring the whole family! This event is sponsored by BF-LF, Inc. and the Kind World Foundation.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillioncham ber.com or contact 624-5571.
Memorial Day services will be celebrated Monday, May 27, at the Vermillion Public Library. The program, hosted by Veterans of … Read Article