A new exhibit program has been established by the Friends of the W. H. Over Museum to encourage area organizations to record, present and showcase their histories. A special display area in the museum's North Gallery has been designated for exhibiting the histories and descriptions of area organizations (businesses, churches, schools, rural schools, clubs, civic organizations, service organizations, governmental depart- ments, etc.). Exhibits accepted for the Organizational History Exhibit Program will be displayed for a short term (at least one month or when replaced thereafter by the next exhibit accepted) on a first-come, first-served basis. Organizations interested in the Organizational History Exhibit Program should contact the museum to get more information and to get the application process started. Please call 605-677-5228 or send inquiries to Friends of the W. H. Over Museum, 414 East Clark, Vermillion, SD 57069.
A photo history of the USD Medical School to commemorate its centennial year is currently on display in Sletwold Hall. That exhibit is also being used as a pilot test for the museum's Organizational History Exhibit project.
- A 50 percent off sale table in the museum's gift shop.
- A guest collection featuring tin storage containers.
- The USD School of Medicine's Centennial Photo Exhibit.
- The museum's wedding dress exhibit on display in Sletwold Hall.
- April 21, 2-4 p.m., Spreading Seeds learning activity.
- A firefighter's collection, on exhibit in the guest collections exhibit in the North Gallery.