- National Music Museum's Brown Bag Lunch Program � 12 noon to 12:55 p.m. Free and open to the public, coffee and tea available for 50 cents.
- Friday, May 25 � "Professorial Polkas" featuring Professor John F. Check, Oshkosh, WI; Professor John D. Check, University of Central Missouri; Professor Deborah Check Reeves, University of South Dakota; and a selection of professorial friends from the USD Department of Music.
- Vermillion High School Graduation � Sunday, May 27, 2:30 p.m. at Slagle Hall.
For more information contact 677-7035. Congratulations and best wishes, VHS grads!
- Retirement Open House for Max Anderson � Tuesday, May 29, 5 to 7 p.m. at the Bluffs Golf Course.
- Vermillion School District Last Day of Classes � Wednesday, May 30.
- Free Absolute Mobile Paper Shredding � Wednesday, June 6, 3 to 6 p.m. in the Vermillion Federal Credit Union parking lot. In effort to prevent identity theft, people from the Vermillion area are invited to bring any confidential papers they would like to be shredded and safely destroyed for free. For more information please contact 624-5214.
- Miss S.D. 2007 raffle tickets are available � Drawings for $500 will be held each night at the Miss S.D. Pageant held in Hot Springs on June 6-9. You do not need to be present to win! To get your $10 ticket please contact Amber Stern at 605-670-0626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welcome Marissa Gunderson � Please join us in welcoming Marissa Gunderson to the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company team! Marissa will be a full-time summer intern in our office, beginning her duties today and working through Aug. 31. Marissa is a graduate of Roosevelt High School in Sioux Falls, and will start her senior year at USD this fall, pursuing a bachelor of science degree in mass communications with an emphasis in advertising and a minor in English. Marissa's previous employment has included campus sales representative with Greek Spirit, Inc., credit card issuer with Wells Fargo Financial, and apparel associate with Shopko. Marissa has been active in campus organizations as chair of various committees. We are excited to welcome Marissa in her new role. Her enthusiasm and creativity, along with her leadership, interpersonal, and computer skills, will be an asset to our organization!
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update � To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
- Vermillion School District Calendar � For more information on Vermillion School events and activities, go to www.vermillion.k12.sd.us.
Upcoming Events � Mark Your Calendars!
3rd Annual Tour de Kota (Vermillion is host city) � June 9-June 11.
Valkommen to the 138th Annual Midsommer at Dalesburg � June 22.
Sioux Valley Kennel Club Dog Show � June 30-July 1.
July 4th Celebration � July 4.
Tri-State Drive-In Cruisers � July 11.
VCDC Golf Social � July 31.
Clay County Fair � Aug. 9-Aug. 11.
Bull-a-Rama � Aug. 24-Aug. 26.
Great Dakota Wine & Music Festival � Sept. 1-Sept. 2
Spirit of Vermillion Days � Sept. 1.
VCDC Office will be closed on Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day.
By the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce/Development Company
906 East Cherry St.
Vermillion, SD 57069
By David Lias For most people in Vermillion, Cheryl Miller and Pamella Jackson have been merely images on newsprint. The … Read Article