- Vermillion Area Arts Council Free Concert Series presents "Tim Guggan" – Friday, May 18, 8 p.m. at the Washington Street Arts Center.
- First Annual Children's Miracle Network Walk-a-Thon – May 19, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Wal-Mart. For more information or to participate contact Mindy at 624-0215.
- Vermillion Community Theater summer productions auditions – May 17, May 18, and May 19. For more information please log onto www.vermillioncommunitytheatre.org.
- Governor's Leadership Luncheon – The Alumni Association is seeking volunteers to serve as table hosts for this year's Governor's Leadership Luncheon which will be held Saturday, May 19, in the DakotaDome. The event is sponsored by the W.O. Farber Center for Civic Leadership, The University of South Dakota Foundation, Office of the President, and Office of Admissions. If you choose to volunteer, you will host a table of high school sophomores and their family members. The students from South Dakota, Iowa, and Nebraska are chosen by their schools to attend the event. Table hosts need to report to the DakotaDome by no later than 11:30 a.m. on May 19. This is a unique opportunity to visit with outstanding high school students and their families and showcase the university. If you are interested, please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friends of the W.H. Over Museum present "The Ultimate Cover-Up: Exhibit and Tea 'n Talk" – Saturday, May 19, 2 p.m. at Sletwold Hall. Mrs. Koerting from Norfolk, will be sharing her collection and how it came to be! Please contact 677-5228 to make your reservations no later then Thursday, May 17.
- St. Agnes Youth Group – French Toast Breakfast Fundraiser – May 20, 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the St. Agnes gym. Enjoy all you can eat breakfast, with a free will offering taken at the door. Money raised from this event will be used for the Youth Group summer trip. For more information contact Ray Hofman at 624-6457.
- Juno Chapter Order of Eastern Star Salad Fund-raiser Luncheon – Monday, May 21, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Masonic Temple. Tickets will be available at the door for $5 or for advance tickets contact Fran Moore at 624-4889.
- Miss S.D. 2007 raffle tickets are available – Drawings for $500 will be held each night at the Miss S.D. Pageant held in Hot Springs on June 6-9. You do not need to be present to win! To get your $10 ticket please contact Amber Stern at 605-670-0626 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Big Friend Little Friend Board Positions – Big Friend Little Friend currently has three board seats available. If interested or need more information please contact 605-365-2571.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
- Vermillion School District Calendar – For more information on Vermillion School events and activities, go to www.vermillion.k12. sd.us .
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
Third Annual Tour de Kota (Vermillion is host city) – June 9-11.
Valkommen to the 138th Annual Midsommer at Dalesburg – June 22.
Sioux Valley Kennel Club Dog Show – June 30-July 1.
July 4th Celebration – July 4.
Tri-State Drive-In Cruisers – July 11.
VCDC Golf Social – July 31.
Clay County Fair – Aug. 9 -11.
Bull-a-Rama – Aug. 24-26.
Great Dakota Wine & Music Festival – Sept. 1-2.
Spirit of Vermillion Days – Sept. 1.
By David Lias For most people in Vermillion, Cheryl Miller and Pamella Jackson have been merely images on newsprint. The … Read Article