- Sanford School of Medicine Class of 2007 Graduation Convocation – Friday, May 11, Jeschkie Auditorium on the campus of The University of Sioux Falls. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USD Physical Therapy Hooding Ceremony – Friday, May 11, 7 p.m. at the Freedom Forum Conference Room.
- Law School Hooding Ceremony – Friday, May 11, 7 p.m. at Slagle Hall.
- USD Spring Commencement Ceremony – Saturday, May 12, 9:30 a.m. at the DakotaDome.
For more information contact the Registrar's Office at 677-5339.
- First Annual Children's Miracle Network Walk-a-Thon – May 19, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Wal-Mart. For more information or to participate contact Mindy at 624-0215.
- Vermillion Community Theater summer productions auditions – May 17, 18, and 19. For more information please log onto www.vermil lioncommunitytheatre.org.
- Governor's Leadership Luncheon – The Alumni Association is seeking volunteers to serve as table hosts for this year's Governor's Leadership Luncheon, which will be held Saturday, May 19, in the DakotaDome. The event is sponsored by the W.O. Farber Center for Civic Leadership, The University of South Dakota Foundation, Office of the President, and Office of Admissions. If you choose to volunteer, you will host a table of high school sophomores and their family members. The students from South Dakota, Iowa, and Nebraska are chosen by their schools to attend the event. Table hosts need to report to the DakotaDome by no later than 11:30 a.m. on the May 19. This is a unique opportunity to visit with outstanding high school students and their families and showcase USD. If you are interested, please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing email@example.com.
- St. Agnes Youth Group – French Toast Breakfast Fund Raiser – May 20, 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the St. Agnes Gym. Enjoy all you can eat breakfast, with a free will offering taken at the door. Money raised from this event will be used for the Youth Group summer trip. For more information, contact Ray Hofman at 624-6457.
- Miss S.D. 2007 raffle tickets are available – Drawings for $500 will be held each night at the Miss S.D. Pageant held in Hot Springs on June 6-9 You do not need to be present to win! To get your $10 ticket please contact Amber Stern at 605-670-0626 or emailadstern @usd.edu.
- Big Friend Little Friend Board Positions – Big Friend Little Friend currently has three board seats available.
If interested or need more information please contact 605-365-2571.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillion chamber.com or contact 624-5571.
- Vermillion School District Calendar – For more information on Vermillion School events and activities, go to www.vermillion.k12.sd.us.
- Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
Third Annual Tour de Kota (Vermillion is host city) – June 9-11.
Sioux Valley Kennel Club Dog Show – June 30-July 1.
Fourth of July Celebration – July 4.
VCDC Golf Social – July 31.
Clay County Fair – Aug. 9-11
Bull-a-Rama – Aug. 24-26.
Great Dakota Wine & Music Festival – Sept. 1-2
Spirit of Vermillion Days – Sept. 1.
By Travis Gulbrandson firstname.lastname@example.org Al Neuharth is remembered around the world as a legend in the field of journalism … Read Article