- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – 12:05 to 12:55 p.m., Arne B. Larson Concert Hall. Free and open to the public. Coffee and tea available for 50 cents.
May 4 – The Kyai Rengga Manis Everist Gamelan, USD Gamelan Ensemble.
- Vermillion Garden Club Annual Plant Sale – Saturday, May 5, 9 to 11 a.m. at the 4-H Grounds located at 515 High St. For more information contact Nila Fostvedt at 624-8556.
- Community Education Spring 2007 Schedule – To register, visit www.usd.edu/ce or call 677-6240.
May 7, Growing Strawberries, 6 to 8 p.m., Vermillion High School, Room #25
- Vermillion Rotary Club Meeting – Tuesday, May 8, noon at the Al Neuharth Center.
- Law School Hooding Ceremony – Friday, May 11, 7 p.m. at Slagle Hall.
- USD Spring Commencement Ceremony – Saturday, May 12, 9:30 a.m. at the DakotaDome.
For more information, contact the Registrar's Office at 677-5339.
- Please help us welcome a new VCDC Member! Barry Hulse of Hulse's Bed & Breakfast, 621 SD Hwy. 50 in Vermillion. Phone: 624-0217. Web Site: www.bhulse.piczo.com.
- Miss S.D. 2007 raffle tickets are available – Drawings for $500 will be held each night at the Miss S.D. Pageant held in Hot Springs on June 6-9. You do not need to be present to win! To get your $10 ticket, please contact Amber Stern at 605-670-0626 or e-mail adstern @usd.edu.
- Big friend-Little friend Board Positions – Big friend-Little friend currently has three board seats available. If interested or if you need more information, please contact 605-365-2571.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log on to www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
- Vermillion School District Calendar – For more information on Vermillion school events and activities, go to www.vermillion.k12.sd.us.
Upcoming Events – Mark your calendars!
Third Annual Tour de Kota (Vermillion is host city) – June 9-11.
Sioux Valley Kennel Club Dog Show – June 30-July 1.
July 4 Celebration – July 4.
VCDC Golf Social – July 31.
Clay County Fair – Aug. 9-11.
Bull-a-Rama – Aug. 24-26.
Great Dakota Wine & Music Festival – Sept. 1-2.
Spirit of Vermillion Days – Sept. 1.