- Friday, June 8 – "The Choral Arts Society Teens (CAST)" consisting of students in grades 8 through 12 chosen from more than 20 schools in the Omaha area.
- Quilt Artist JoAnn Belling Lecture and Luncheon – Saturday, June 9, 12 to 3 p.m. in Sletwold Hall. Friends of the W.H. Over Museum are pleased to present JoAnn Belling from Des Moines, IA. The luncheon will be catered by Marcine King. Admission $15. For more information call 624-4166 or 677-5228.
- Third Annual Tour de Kota (Vermillion is host city – public is welcome!) – Saturday, June 9 – Monday, June 11.
Extended business hours, Downtown Vermillion – Saturday, 5 to 8 p.m.; Tour de Kota Spaghetti Supper, Washington Street Arts Center; Saturday, Dusk – Fireworks Product Demon- stration, Fireworks Unlimited; Sunday, 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Lions Pancake Feed, Vermillion Armory; Sunday, noon to 6 p.m., Barstow Park
Food Vendors: BBQ, Walking Tacos, Prime Rib Sandwiches, Pizza, Baked Potato Bar, Fruit, Baked Goods, Refreshments, and much more!
Product Vendors: JJ Benji's Wear, pullUin Software, Memories Forever, Broadcaster, Mix 106.3, Nutrition Tec, Sharing the Dream, W.H. Over Museum, Peterman Photo, Avon, and much more!
Games: Minnow Races, Corn Hole Toss, Bike Toss Contest, Bingo 2 to 4 p.m. at Armory, and much more!
Sunday, 2 to 10 p.m. – Eagles Beer Stand, Barstow Park; Sunday, 5 to 8 p.m. – Pasta Supper, United Methodist Church; Sunday, 7 to 10 p.m. – Live Band, Barstow Park
Monday, 6 to 10 a.m. – Lions Pancake Feed, Vermillion Armory
- First Annual Youth Fishing Derby – Monday, June 11 – hosted by Vermillion Parks and Recreation at Bluff's Golf Course for ages 15 and under. Registration is FREE and bait will be provided. For more information call 677-7064.
- Father's Day Banquet – Monday, June 18 at the Eagles. For more information call 624-9934.
- Annual Ice Cream Social – Thursday, June 21, 5 to 7 p.m. – sponsored by the Clay County Historical Society at the Austin Whittemore House.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
- Valkommen to the 138th Annual Midsommer at Dalesburg – June 22
- Third Annual Amy's Race, Elk Point – June 30
- Sioux Valley Kennel Club Dog Show – June 30-July 1
- July 4th Celebration – July 4
- Eagle's First Annual Duck Regatta – July 4
- Tri-State Drive-In Cruisers – July 11
- Dakota Hospital Foundation's Sheri Ellis Memorial Golf Social – July 23
- VCDC Golf Social – July 31
- Vermillion Senior Center's Ice Cream Social – Aug. 9
- Clay County Fair – Aug. 9 – Aug. 11
- Bull-a-Rama – Aug. 24 -Aug. 26
- Great Dakota Wine & Music Festival – Sept. 1-2
- Spirit of Vermillion Days – Sept. 1
By David Lias For most people in Vermillion, Cheryl Miller and Pamella Jackson have been merely images on newsprint. The … Read Article