- Clay County Fair – Wednesday, Aug. 8 through Saturday, Aug. 11 at the Clay County Fairgrounds. For a schedule of events or more information, visit www.claycountyfair.net.
- Vermillion Senior Center's Ice Cream Social – Thursday, Aug. 9 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Senior Center. Come enjoy taverns, salads, baked beans, pies, desserts, ice cream and refreshments. The Spirit of Vermillion award will be presented by the Vermillion Jaycees at 6 p.m.
- SDGA Men's Amateur Golf Championship – Friday, Aug. 10 through Sunday, Aug. 12 at The Bluffs golf course.
- EPJ Booster Club Golf Tournament – Saturday, Aug. 11 at the Elk Point Country Club beginning at noon. Eighteen holes of golf with dinner following. Cost is $25 per player and all proceeds go to the All Activities Booster Club to help EPJ students. Sign up by calling Jane Fletcher at 605-356-5950.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark
Heritage Ride/Run/Walk 2007 – Aug. 18.
Teacher's Appreciation Breakfast – Aug. 21.
Bull-a-Rama – Aug. 24-26.
St. Agnes School Ice Cream Social – Aug. 29.
Great Dakota Wine & Music Festival – Sept. 1-2.
Spirit of Vermillion Days – Sept. 1.
Coyote Bash – Sept. 4.
United Way Taste of Vermillion – Sept. 5.
City-Wide Rummage and Sidewalk Sale – Sept. 14-15.
National Music Museum "Riders in the Sky…The Cowboy Way!" – Sept. 15.
St. Jude Bike Ride – Sept. 17.