- Red Road Gathering – Sept. 27-29 at the Clay County 4-H Center located at 515 High Street. This year's theme is Walking The Red Road: What Does It Mean To You? The Red Road Approach is holistic in concept and uses prayer as the basis for healing. Registration is from 7:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. every morning. For more details contact Kathy Husby at 677-5386 or go to www.usd.edu/redroad.com.
- Guster in Concert – Thursday, Sept. 27 at the Slagle Auditorium on the USD campus at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15.50 in advance and $20.50 for the general public and at the door. To purchase tickets or for more information please call 677-5334 or go to www.USDticketsonline.com.
- Senior Center Fundraiser – Thursday, Sept. 27 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The Vermillion Senior Citizens Service Center and members of Trinity Lutheran Church are sponsoring a fundraising dinner benefiting the Senior Center. Please contact the Senior Center for more details on this event at 624-8072.
- National Music Museum's Brown Bag Lunch Program – Friday, Sept. 28 from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at 414 E. Clark Street. This event will feature "The Lore of Loar" with Roger Siminoff from Arroyo Grande, CA. He is one of America's foremost authorities on stringed instruments and their design and is the founder of Pickin' magazine and editor of Frets. Call 677-5228 for more details.
- South Dakota Baseball Hall of Fame – Saturday, Sept. 29. Kirk (Sorney) Sorenson will be inducted into the SD Baseball Hall of Fame in Sioux Falls at the VFW. There will be a social hour at 4 p.m. and dinner at 5 p.m. Please contact Sorney or Dawn for tickets at 624-4523.
To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log on to www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
- Red Road Gathering – Sept. 27-29.
- SD Baseball Hall of Fame Inductee Kirk Sorenson (Sioux Falls) – Sept. 29.
- Business After Hours for Dakota Realty – Oct. 4.
- Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off – Oct. 5.
- Business After Hours for Hy-Vee – Oct. 11.
- USD Dakota Days Homecoming – Oct. 12-13.
- Business After Hours for Banker's Advertising – Oct. 18.
- South Dakota Junior Football Association Playoffs, fifth and sixth grades – Oct. 21.
- VCDC Mystery Dinner Theater – Oct. 26.
- South Dakota Junior Football Association Playoffs, seventh and eighth grades ��Oct. 28.
- Senior Center Fair – Nov. 15.