- Ronald McDonald Care Mobile – Monday, Sept. 10 through Friday, Sept. 14. The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, a fully equipped dental office on wheels will be at the Vermillion Middle School, serves children ages 0-21 who have no dental home. Child immunizations are also a service that they provide. You are required to bring your child's immunization record and paperwork must be filled out and authorized prior to care. Please call Pat Provecek at 624-5550 or stop by the Vermillion Library for forms and more information.
- Third Annual Native American Symposium: Native Student Success – Thursday, Sept. 13 through Friday, Sept. 14. Pre-symposium beginning at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday and concluding with a day-long symposium starting at 9 a.m. on Friday. It will be located at the Freedom Forum Conference Room in the Al Neuharth Media Center.
- Vermillion High School Homecoming – Thursday, Sept. 13 through Saturday, Sept. 15. Coronation will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Vermillion High School on Thursday. The Vermillion Tanagers take on Canton on Friday night for their second of three home games this season. And finally the events are wrapped up by a dance from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. on Saturday night.
- Vermillion City-Wide Rummage and Sidewalk Sales – Friday, Sept. 14, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 15 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Broadcaster and the Vermillion Chamber of Commerce & Development Company are co-sponsoring this event. Maps can be picked up at the Broadcaster for a listing of all the participants. For more information, please call 624-4429.
- National Music Museum's Riders in the Sky … The Cowboy Way! – Saturday, Sept. 15. This event begins at 6 p.m. with an old-fashioned pig roast on the USD lawn next to the National Music Museum, with cole slaw, baked beans, potato salad, ice cream and soft drinks. The concert is America's Grammy Award-winning western music and comedy group and will begin at 7:30 p.m. Advance concert tickets are $25, or $40 at the door. Pig roast tickets are $10 and must be purchased in advance. Please call 677-5909 to purchase tickets or for more information.
- Stop the Silence 5K Walk/Run for Suicide Awareness – Saturday, Sept. 15. Stop the Silence is hosted by the USD Suicide Prevention program. Registration begins at 8 a.m. in Prentis Park. Proceeds go to Nikki's Fund. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call 677-6389.
- Song's N S'more's – Sunday, Sept. 16 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Lion's Park/Armory. This is an event for anyone interested in registering for Girl Scouts and is for girls K-12. Please bring a parent along. They will be having a bon fire, singing songs, and learning more about Girl Scouts. There is a $10 annual registration fee (financial assistance is available). Contact Nancy Noiva at 624-6620 for more information.
To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log on to www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
- Dakota Hospital Foundation Ice Cream Social – Sept. 18.
- Eagle's Club Child Health and Safety Carnival – Sept. 22.
- Red Road Gathering – Sept. 27-29.
- SD Baseball Hall of Fame Inductee Kirk Sorenson (Sioux Falls) – Sept. 29.
- Business After Hours for Dakota Realty – Oct. 4.
- Business After Hours for Hy-Vee – Oct. 11.
- USD Dakota Days Homecoming – Oct. 12-13
- South Dakota Junior Football Association Play-offs, fifth and sixth grades – Oct. 21.
- VCDC Mystery Dinner Theater – Oct. 26.
- South Dakota Junior Football Association Play-offs, seventh and eighth grades ��Oct. 28.
SIOUX FALLS, S.D.—South Dakota junior guard Raeshel Contreras hit a 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds left to send the Coyotes past … Read Article