- Quarterback Club Meeting – Every Thursday from 12-1 p.m. at Pro's, located at 912 North Dakota St. For more information, please e-mail DrBrown@prairieeyeclinic.com.
- Flu Shot Clinic at Vermillion Medical Center – Located at 101 South Plum St. No appointment is necessary and the cost will be $30. They will accept Medicare assignments; please bring your Medicare numbers, and they will also file to private insurance. It is available to anyone 6 months and older. The times are as follows:
Oct. 25 – 1-8 p.m.
Oct. 26 – 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Oct. 30 – 1-8 p.m.
- Flu Shot Clinic at Hy-Vee – Located at 525 West Cherry St. The times are as follows:
Oct. 25 – 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
Oct. 27 – 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Oct. 29 – 4-8 p.m.
- USD Annual Wedding Show – Thursday, Oct. 25 from 7-9 p.m. at the Al Neuharth Media Center. Come and learn to plan the perfect wedding along with enjoying free food, meeting vendors, door prizes, and a runway show of the latest bridal dresses. Please contact Chelsey for more information at Chelsey.Brown@usd.edu.
- National Music Museum's Brown Bag Lunch Program – Friday, Oct. 26 from 12:05-12:55 p.m. at 414 East Clark St. A Euclidean Exposition, Development, and Recapitulation, featuring an audience favorite – The Euclid String Quartet. Please call 677-5306 for more details.
- VCDC Mystery Dinner Theater – Friday, Oct. 26 at 6 p.m. Harold Logan, owner of the Pineapple Haven Hotel, invites you to attend a Hawaiian luau that he is hosting as a fundraiser for H.A.A.L. It's sure to be a great party … but beware … could there be trouble in paradise? Tickets are $25 per person. Reservations are required in advance and can be made by calling the VCDC office at 624-5571.
- Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon Fundraiser – Friday, Oct. 26 from 4-6 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. at Prairie Lanes bowling alley. You can register online at www.jasd.org or call Chon Sommervold at 638-8254 for more details.
- Family Weekend at USD – This event offers a chance for students and their families to travel to and explore the campus. Families are encouraged to come and take advantage of the various entertainment options both on and off campus.
Please see the Family Weekend Web site for ideas and coupons at www.usd.edu/studentserv/familyweekend/family.com.
- Vermillion Police Department Annual Open House – Saturday, Oct. 27 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. in the basement of the Public Safety Center. Please call 677-7070 for more details.
- Beginning Genealogy and Timelines – Saturday, Oct. 27 at the Vermillion Public Library from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Learn skills for researching and recording family history! There is a $2 fee for materials. Presenters are from Sioux City Genealogical Society. Bring your own lunch or buy lunch at class. Call for reservations; seating is limited. Please contact 677-7060 for questions and more information.
- Halloween Dance – Saturday, Oct. 27 at the Eagles. The fun will begin at 9 p.m. Please call Lynn at 624-9934 for more details.
- South Dakota Junior Football Association Play-offs – Sunday, Oct. 21 at the DakotaDome. This is for seventh and eigth grades.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences – for the Vermillion School District will be held on Monday, Oct. 29 from 2:30-7:30 p.m. and Monday, November 5 from 2:30-7:30 p.m. There is a 2 p.m. early dismissal for students on these days.
- Flu Shot Clinic at Pamida – Thursday, Nov. 1 from 2-4 p.m. , Sanford will be providing flu shots at Pamida, located at 509 W. Cherry St. The cost will be $23. If you have Medicare Part B or Sanford Health Plan, your insurance pays for the flu shot. You will need to present your insurance card. Please call 624-9111 for more information.
- VCDC Member-Appreciation Event – Friday, Nov. 2, 7 p.m. at Carey's. The event is to show our appreciation for all of our members. We will be having snacks and providing a great networking opportunity! You can call the VCDC office at 624-5571 for more details!