- Quarterback Club Meeting – Every Thursday from 12-1 p.m. at Pro's located at 912 North Dakota St. For more information, please email DrBrown@prairieeyeclinic.com.
- Al Neuharth Award – To be presented for Excellence in Media to former USA Today Editor-in-Chief John C. Quinn and current Editor Ken Paulson at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 11 in the Slagle Auditorium. This event will also feature "Hits and Headlines," a live multimedia show and musical performance looking back at news headlines and popular music of the last 25 years. Free tickets are available in advance at the Al Neuharth Media Center. Doors will open at 6 p.m. for ticket holders; general admission will follow for any remaining seats at 6:30 p.m.
- Business After Hours event for Hy-Vee – Thursday, Oct. 11 from 5-7:30 p.m. Meet the new manager, Ron Avery, and enjoy free samples including hors d'oeuvres and beer. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 for more details.
- National Music Museum's Brown Bag Lunch Program – Friday, Oct. 12 from 12:05-12:55 p.m. at 414 East Clark St. "Little Band Plays Big Band" featuring John and Susan McNeill of Springfield. Call 677-5228 for more details.
- Dedication of Farber House – Friday, Oct. 12 located at 413 E. Clark St. at 4 p.m. Farber House, the renovated former home of the late William O. "Doc" Farber, will be formally dedicated and officially donated to the USD Foundation.
- The 18th Annual Chili Blues – Located at 202 Washington St. at the Washington Street Arts Center. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. where you can enjoy a sampling of over a dozen different chili concoctions, including vegetarian, prepared by local chili connoisseurs from the Vermillion area. Traditional beverages will be sold to quench your thirst or to tame the heat. Music will be provided by T. Wilson King beginning at 6 p.m. and ending around 9 p.m. This event is a fundraising effort sponsored by the Vermillion Area Arts Council. Tickets are available at the door. The cost for members will be $10 per person or $25 per family; $15 per person or $35 per family for non-members. Please contact 624-4342 with questions about this event.
- Dakota Days Parade – Grand Marshals Linda Mickelson Graham (B.A. '63) and Richard Cutler (B.A. '63, J.D. '65), co-chairs of USD's Campaign South Dakota, which concluded on Dec. 31, 2006 and raised almost $134 million. Saturday's parade is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. on Main St. in Vermillion followed by the football game at 2 p.m. in the DakotaDome against Western Washington. Good luck Coyotes!
To check out more great community events, or to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Business After Hours for Banker's Advertising – Oct. 18.
SD Junior Football Association Play-offs, fifth and sixth grades, Oct. 21.
VCDC Mystery Dinner Theater – Oct. 26.
Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon Fundraiser – Oct. 26.
Vermillion Police Department Annual Open House – Oct 27.
SD Junior Football Association Play-offs, seventh and eighth grades, Oct. 28.
VCDC Member Appreciation Event – Nov. 2.
Vermillion was named Large Community of the Year by Gov. Dennis Daugaard on Tuesday evening in Sioux Falls at the … Read Article