- USD Student Nurses Association Health Career Fair – Friday, Oct. 5 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Al Neuharth Media Center. Anyone interested in the health care field is invited to attend. For more information, please contact Kathy.Jorgensen@usd.edu.
- Quarterback Club Meeting – Every Thursday from noon to 1 p.m. at Pro's located at 912 North Dakota Street. This week's featured speaker is USD Coach Ed Meierkort. For more information, please email Dr. Brown@prairieeyeclinic.com.
- City of Vermillion's Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection for Clay County – Friday, Oct. 5 from 2 to 6:30 p.m. at the Vermillion Missouri Valley Recycling Center located at 840 N. Crawford Road or residents may go to Yankton Transfer and Recycling on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. located at 23rd and Kellen Gross Drive in Yankton. Materials considered hazardous are caustic, flammable, toxic, or radioactive but do not include infectious or explosive materials or "business waste." Ten dollars per vehicle. For more information or special arrangements for business or commercial waste, please call Vermillion Solid Waste Department at 677-7076.
- National Music Museum's Brown Bag Lunch Program – Friday, Oct. 5 from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at 414 East Clark Street. Featuring Bryan Bowers, autoharp master, singer, songwriter, and storyteller from Sedro Woolley, WA. Call 677-5228 for more details.
- Dakota Days – Monday, Oct. 8 – Saturday, Oct 13. This year's Dakota Day theme: "Life's a Beach". For a schedule of all the great D-Days events visit www.usd.edu/orgs/ddays.
- Vermillion Light & Power Annual Open House – Thursday, Oct. 10 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Light & Power Department located at 115 West Duke Street. For more information, please contact 677-7050.
- Business After Hours event for Hy-Vee – Oct. 11 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Meet the new manager, Ron Avery, and enjoy free samples including beer and wine. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 for more details or if you would like to sign up to host your own Business After Hours.
Community Calendar/Weekly Update To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
Business After Hours for Banker's Advertising – Oct. 18.
South Dakota Junior Football Association Play-offs, fifth and sixth grades, Oct. 21.
VCDC Mystery Dinner Theater – Oct. 26.
Vermillion Police Department Annual Open House – Oct. 27.
South Dakota Junior Football Association Play-offs, seventh and eighth grades, Oct. 28.
VCDC Member Appreciation Event – Nov. 2.
Senior Citizens Center Fair – Nov. 15.
2007 Midwest Youth Basketball Championships – Girls' Nov 30. and Dec. 1; Boys' Dec. 7 and Dec. 8.
The VCDC office will be closed Monday, Oct. 8.