- National Music Museum's Brown Bag Lunch – Friday, Nov. 30, from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. Bows and Bridges, Saddles and Scrolls, featuring Dakota String Quartet.
- 2007 Midwest Youth Basketball Championships for Girls – They will be held at the DakotaDome. This event will feature teams from all over the region. Come out and cheer on the teams! Admission is $3 per day or $5 for a two-day pass for school age children and older. For more tournament information please call Ryan or Lauren at Vermillion Parks and Recreation at 677-7064. The games times are: Nov. 30 – 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Dec. 1, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The VCDC is looking for volunteers to help sell t-shirts and tickets at the door for the Midwest Youth Basketball Championships. We need volunteers to help on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 for the girls' tournaments as well as Dec. 7 and Dec. 8 for the boys' tournaments. Please contact the VCDC office at 624-5571 if you would like to offer your assistance.
- Home for the Holidays Procession – 6 p.m., Friday, Nov. 30 in historical downtown Vermillion. Lighting of the Community Christmas tree, stories with Santa, and horse and buggy rides available until 9 p.m. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 for more information.
- Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus – 7 to 8 p.m., Friday, Nov. 30 at the Vermillion Public Library. Enjoy a craft activity and stories with Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
- Free movies at the Vermillion Theater for the Holidays – Dec. 1 – Flicka / PG – 1 and 3 p.m. Dec. 8 – Charlotte's Web / G – 1 and 3 p.m.
Dec. 15 – Daddy Day Camp / PG – 1 and 3 p.m. Dec. 22 – Shrek 3 / PG – 1 and 3 p.m.
- St. Agnes School Classic 7th Annual PTSA Fundraising Dinner and Dance – This event is on Saturday, Dec. 1, and starts at 6 p.m. and will conclude at midnight at the Fr. Wolf Auditorium. The night will include hor d'oeuvres, a prime rib and chicken dinner and dancing. Join them for an elegant evening to raise funds for St. Agnes School. Please call 624-4144 for more information.
- The University of South Dakota Women's Basketball – Saturday, Dec. 1, USD will host University of Nebraska-Kearney at the DakotaDome at 3 p.m. Go Coyotes!
- Nook 'n Cranny Holiday Open House – Saturday, Dec. 1, come and "Catch the Sparkle" at their Holiday Open House from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be food sampling and door prizes. Let us share the "Sparkle of the Season!" Please call Gloria Christopherson at 624-4611 for more details.
- W.H. Over Museum Christmas Festival – Sunday, Dec. 2, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome to come and help them begin the Christmas season. They are currently displaying collections from two area residents: a cookie cutter collection owned by Joyce Brunken of Yankton and a Hardanger Embroidery collection owned by Carol Broderson of Volin. Please make this a wonderful event that the whole family can attend! Please call 677-5228 for more details.
- Habitat for Humanity – A non-profit organization that works to build affordable housing in the community is having a town meeting on Sunday, Dec. 2, to explain and discuss what is possible in the Vermillion community. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. It is at 3 p.m. at the UCC Church on the corner of Main and Harvard.
Community Calendar/ Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
2007 Midwest Youth Basketball Championships – Boys' Dec. 7 and 8.
First Dakota National Bank 135th Anniversary and Holiday Open House – Dec. 7. 31st Annual Celebration of St. Lucia Tradition – Dec. 9.
Dakota Hospital Foundation Tree of Lights Event – Dec. 10.
CorTrust Holiday Open House – Dec. 13.
Celebrate Vermillion – Dec. 31.