- Happy Thanksgiving! – Thursday, Nov. 22-23 the VCDC office will be closed in observance of the holiday. We wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! We hope that everyone has a fun and safe holiday with family and friends. Let's all take this day to reflect upon the blessings in our lives and all that we have to be thankful for!
- The University of South Dakota Men's Basketball hosts the USD Classic – Nov. 23-25 at the DakotaDome in Vermillion. For tickets and information please call 677-5959.
- Vermillion High School Booster Club Winter Sports Kick Off – 6:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 26 at the Vermillion High School. Join them to meet the athletes and enjoy pizza and treats. For more information call Dale Husby at 677-7916.
- Home for the Holidays Procession – 6 p.m., Friday, Nov. 30 in historical downtown Vermillion. Lighting of the Community Christmas tree, stories with Santa, and horse and buggy rides available until 9 p.m. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 for more information.
- Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus – 7 to 8 p.m., Friday, Nov. 30 at the Vermillion Public Library. Enjoy a craft activity and stories with Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
- Free movies at the Vermillion Theater for the Holidays – Dec. 1 – Flicka / PG – 1 and 3 p.m. Dec. 8 – Charlotte's Web / G – 1 and 3 p.m.
Dec. 15 – Daddy Day Camp / PG – 1 and 3 p.m. Dec. 22 – Shrek 3 / PG – 1 and 3 p.m.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
2007 Midwest Youth Basketball Championships – Girls' Nov 30. and Dec. 1, Boys' Dec. 7 and 8.
St. Agnes School Classic 7th Annual PTSA Fundraising Dinner and Dance – Dec. 1.
Nook 'n Cranny Holiday Open House – Dec. 1.
W.H. Over Museum Christmas Festival – Dec. 2.
31st Annual Celebration of St. Lucia Tradition – Dec. 9.
Dakota Hospital Foundation Tree of Lights Event – Dec. 10.
CorTrust Holiday Open House – Dec. 13.
Celebrate Vermillion – Dec. 31.