- Quarterback Club Meeting – Every Thursday from 12 to 1 p.m. at Pro's, located at 912 North Dakota Street. For more information, e-mail DrBrown@pr airieeyeclinic.com.
- Flu Shot Clinic through Sanford – The flu shot clinics will be accepting Medicare and Sanford Health Insurance. The cost of the flu shot is $23. It is on a walk-in-basis, no appointment is necessary. They will be located at the following places and times:
Sanford Vermillion Hospital's main lobby located at 20 S. Plum St. from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on each of the following dates: Thursday, Nov. 8; Tuesday, Nov. 13; Thursday, Nov. 15.
- Community Education Fall 2007 Schedule – To register, visit www.usd.edu/ce or call 677-6240. The following are classes available for Thursday, Nov. 8.
Women and Wine, The Making of the Vermillion Public Library in Man's World, 1903 – 2003, 7 to 9 p.m., Vermillion Public Library.
- South Dakota High School Football Playoffs – These will be located at the DakotaDome on the dates of Nov. 8, 9 and 10. Let's show the teams a big Vermillion welcome and best wishes to all the teams! For more information about the teams that are participating or times of the events, please call the district office at 677-7000.
- National Music Museum's Brown Bag Lunch Program – Friday, Nov. 9 from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. at 414 East Clark Street. They will have Prairie Winds, featuring the Dakota Wind Quintet.
- Community Education Fall 2007 Schedule – To register, visit www.usd.edu/ce or call 677-6240. The following are classes available for Saturday, Nov. 10:
Circular Crochet, 10 a.m. to noon, LumoStudios & Gallery.
Floral Design & Arranging, 10 a.m. to noon, Hy-Vee.
Knitting 102, 1 to 4 p.m., Vermillion High School, Room 15.
Yarn (Wool) Spinning II, 2 to 5 p.m., LumoStudios & Gallery.
Ballroom Dancing, 4 to 5:45 p.m., Vermillion High School.
- Holiday Open House – Saturday, Nov. 10, located at the Vermillion National Guard Armory, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information call (402)884-8679 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free Flu Shots for Children – For children ages 9-18 at the Vermillion Middle School on Wednesday, Nov. 14 from 4 to 6 p.m. provided by Sanford Vermillion Medical Center. Children ages 4 to 8 must have had a previous flu shot per a doctor's note to receive a flu shot at this event. Children who have not received a flu shot before or are unable to get a doctor's note should visit their provider's clinic or the Vermillion County Health nurse or you can call at 677-6767.
- Holiday Procession of the Season – We are planning the Lighting of the Community Christmas Tree the evening of Friday, Nov. 30, along with Stories with Santa and other holiday events. More information on these events will follow. Please let us know if you would like to include your holiday business plans, open houses, promotions, etc. for the holiday season in our Holiday Procession of the Season communications and advertisements. If you have any questions, please contact the VCDC office at 624-5571.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
Jones' Food Center Holiday Showcase – Nov. 15.
Time of Your Life Festival – Nov. 15.
Clay County Historical Society Tour of Homes – Nov. 18.
Home for the Holidays – Nov. 30.
2007 Midwest Youth Basketball Championships – Girls' Nov 30. & Dec. 1, Boys' Dec. 7 & Dec. 8.
W.H. Over Museum Christmas Festival – Dec. 2.
Celebrate Vermillion – Dec. 31.
By David Lias For most people in Vermillion, Cheryl Miller and Pamella Jackson have been merely images on newsprint. The … Read Article