- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – Friday, Jan. 25 from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m, titled Songs and Stories featuring Tim Duggan. He's a professor of English at The University of South Dakota performing his original compositions.
- Jaycees Event – Friday, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. at the Pressbox on the second floor. It's leadership training with real life experience. Come and find out more about what the Jaycees do and there will be food, fun and facts! For more information you can contact Jen at 624-5900 or email at email@example.com.
- Megan (Tolsma) O'Connor Benefit – Friday, Jan. 25 located at the Eagles Club. BBQ pork dinner to begin at 5:30 p.m., auction at 7:30 p.m. and Clay Creek Deaf Cowboy Band will play at 9 p.m. Megan is currently battling cancer. She is the wife of Ryan O'Connor, daughter of Lauren and Joan Tolsma, and daughter-in-law of Dan and Dot O'Connor. Tickets can be purchased at the door and are $15. If you would like to make a donation for the auction, please contact Kris O'Connor at 624-8121 or Cindy Nelson at 624-0037.
- Legislative Cracker Barrel Session – Saturday, Jan. 26 with District 17 Reps. Eldon Nygaard and Jamie Boomgarden and Sen. Ben Nesselhuf, 9 to 11 a.m. at at the William J. Radigan Fire & EMS station located at 820 N. Dakota St. This event is sponsored by the VCDC office and is open to the public. Please join us for some great discussion! Please call 624-5571 with any questions regarding this event.
- St. Agnes Knights of Columbus Free Throw Contest – Sunday, Jan. 27 at 1 p.m. in the Vermillion High School gym. This is for boys and girls ages 10 years to 14 years old. First place plaques will be given out in each age group.
- Relay for Life – Sunday, Jan. 27. People from all over Clay County will gather to participate for this signature event for the American Cancer Society. Teams will "camp out" at the DakotaDome and take turns walking the track. Please consider forming a team for this event. You can contact Heather McClintock at (605) 431-3696 or Bruce Fischbach at (605) 677-5960 for details and information. What a great way to start out the new year by participating in this event!
- St. Agnes Turkey Dinner – Sunday, Jan. 27 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the St. Agnes School Gymnasium located at 909 Lewis St. Tickets are $7 for adults, $4 for children and kids 5 and under are free. St. Agnes is joining 7,800 other Catholic Schools in the United States in celebrating Catholic Schools week.
- Barstow Park Ice Rink – The Vermillion Parks and Recreation Department's warming house at the ice rink will be open Monday through Friday from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sundays, from 12 to 5:30 p.m.
- Taste of Home Cooking School – Tickets are now on sale for the Taste of Home Cooking School to be held in Vermillion for the first time on April 17. You can purchase your tickets at the Broadcaster or Jones' Food Center. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Booth space is available, please contact Sheila Prosser at 624-4429 for details.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
Legislative Cracker Barrel Session – Feb. 9.
Business Day at the Legislature – Feb. 12.
Vermillion Day in Pierre – Feb. 21.
VCDC Annual Banquet – Feb. 22.
Sanford Community Health Fair – March 1.
Taste of Home Cooking School – April 17.
By David Lias firstname.lastname@example.org A call from a concerned citizen has led to the arrest of a Vermillion man for … Read Article