- John Dalton Open Indoor Track Meet – Saturday, Feb. 16 the University of South Dakota Men's and Woman's Track and field will host this meet at the DakotaDome. This event begins at 9 a.m. For tickets or other information please call 677-5959
Upcoming Events and Happenings:
- Pierre Charter Bus Trip – The city of Vermillion will be chartering a bus for the annual Vermillion Day in Pierre. The bus will leave Pamida at 6:15 a.m. and return to the Pamida parking lot at 11:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21. The cost is $38 per person. The day will include educational sessions, meeting with representatives from our district, meeting with Gov. Rounds, and introduction of Vermillion to the Senate and House. Everyone please wear red for this trip to represent our community! For information or to make reservations, please call John Prescott or Andy Colvin at 677-7050.
- Pancake Feed – Don't miss out on this event. To raise money for the Children's Miracle Network, the Dance Marathon Executive Committee from USD will be hosting a pancake feed! Come enjoy delicious pancakes for just $5 and support a great cause! Located at the Armory from 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 21.
- Senior Center Looking for Volunteers – The Vermillion Senior Center is always looking for volunteers to assist with our monthly fundraisers that support the senior center that is used by many senior citizens of our community. We need 10-12 volunteers (per event) that can help prepare the tables and food, servers for the meal, beverage servers, kitchen preparation and clean up of the kitchen and dining area following the event.
If you are able to help or would like to be included on our list of volunteers for other fundraisers throughout the year, please contact the Senior Center at 624-8072 and ask for Crystal or email the center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number, email address and any preferences that you would like to volunteer for (dishwasher, server of food, cleanup, etc).
We prefer volunteers to be at least 13 years of age or at least able to pour hot beverages and serve hot food for guests. Any questions, please call Crystal at 624-8072. Thank you and we hope to hear from the many devoted volunteers in our area.
- Barstow Park Ice Rink – The Vermillion Parks and Recreation warming house is open at the ice rink during these times:
Monday through Friday – 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sundays – 12 to 5:30 p.m.
- Taste of Home Cooking School – Tickets are now on sale for the Taste of Home Cooking School to be held in Vermillion for the first time on April 17. You can purchase your tickets at the Broadcaster or Jones' Food Center. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Booth space is available; please contact Sheila Prosser at 624-4429 for details.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
Vermillion Day in Pierre – Feb. 21.
VCDC Annual Banquet – Feb. 22.
Vermillion Arts Council Fundraiser – Feb. 23.
Evening of the VHS Music Stars – Feb. 24.
Vermillion Senior Center Annual BBQ Rib Fundraiser Dinner – Feb. 28.
Sanford Community Health Fair – March 1.
Taste of Home Cooking School – April 17.
By Travis Gulbrandson email@example.com Al Neuharth is remembered around the world as a legend in the field of journalism … Read Article