- Law School Public Interest Auction – Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. at the Eagles Club to raise support for public interest grant recipients to provide much-needed staff support to organizations serving the disadvantaged and addressing public interest issues.
The PIN grants encourage pro bono (free) legal services which can lead to careers in public service and networks across the legal community. PIN is seeking donations of auction items, such as tickets to sporting events, gift baskets, art work, gift certificates to restaurants and stores, sports equipment, canoe trips, and others. For more information contact Professor Elizabeth Burleson at the USD School of Law at Elizabeth.Burleson@usd.edu.
- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – Friday, Feb. 8 from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. Entitled "Earthbound Songs and Stories" featuring Barb Ryman, singer/songwriter from Minneapolis. It's a rich mosaic of contemporary folk, country blues, Celtic-flavored ballads, old-time gospel, and bits of folk-rock.
- Legislative Cracker Barrel Session – Saturday, Feb. 9, 9 to 11 a.m. at the William J. Radigan Fire & EMS station located at 820 N. Dakota St. Featuring House Reps. Eldon Nygaard and Jamie Boomgarden, and Sen. Ben Nesselhuf. This event is sponsored by the VCDC office, the VFW, and Delta and is open to the public. Please join us for some great discussion! Please call 624-5571 with any questions regarding this event.
- USD Diving Invitational – Saturday, Feb. 9 at the DakotaDome pool. The University of South Dakota Men's & Women's Diving teams will host the USD Diving Invite.
- Barstow Park Ice Rink – The Vermillion Parks and Recreation will be having their warming house open at the ice rink as follows beginning January 3:
Monday through Friday – 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sundays – 12 to 5:30 p.m.
- Taste of Home Cooking School – Tickets are now on sale for the Taste of Home Cooking School to be held in Vermillion for the first time on April 17. You can purchase your tickets at the Broadcaster or Jones' Food Center. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Booth space is available; please contact Sheila Prosser at 624-4429 for details.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
Business Day at the Legislature – Feb. 12.
Vermillion Day in Pierre – Feb. 21.
VCDC Annual Banquet – Feb. 22.
Vermillion Arts Council Fundraiser – Feb. 23.
Evening of the VHS Music Stars – Feb. 24.
Sanford Community Health Fair – March 1.
Taste of Home Cooking School – Apr. 17.
By David Lias For most people in Vermillion, Cheryl Miller and Pamella Jackson have been merely images on newsprint. The … Read Article