- USD Woman's Basketball – Third-ranked woman's basketball team will advance to the Elite Eight National Championship in Kearny, NE on March 26, 27 and 29. Congratulations on their great win here at home and we wish them the best of luck at this championship! Go Coyotes!
- State Supreme Court – Wednesday, March 26 through Friday, March 28 beginning at 9 a.m. USD School of Law will be hosting the State Supreme Court. This event is open to the public and is a great opportunity to see the law in action. Visitors must remember to follow courtroom etiquette and not wear hats in the courtroom, as well as refrain from eating, drinking or smoking during the proceedings. Cameras will not be allowed.
- National Weather Service Severe Weather Spotter Class – Wednesday, March 26 at 7 p.m. USD hosts a class teaching the public about weather at Farber Hall in Old Main on the USD campus. Learn what to do and where to go when severe weather happens.
- Cherry Street Ground Breaking Ceremony – Friday, March 28 beginning at 10 a.m. This event is going to be located in front of the VCDC office at 906 E. Cherry St. with reception to follow in the VCDC office. We are celebrating the beginning of a new Cherry Street!
- USD Art Faculty Collects – Friday, March 28 from 7-9 p.m., a reception will be held for the exhibition of USD Art faculty's own art collections. The exhibit is hosted in the Main Gallery of the Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts on the USD campus.
- USD Campus Recreation Presents Outdoor Boot Camp – Friday, March 28, registration ends for USD's ultimate way for the public to get in shape – its Outdoor Boot Camp. Activities include walking, running, core conditioning, abdominal work, circuits and full body muscle strengthening. This will be a great way to get in shape while having fun. For more information, contact Wendy Johnson at 605-677-5928.
- Wacipi Powwow – Saturday, March 30, at 1 and 7 p.m., the Tiospaye Student Council hosts the Honoring Our Nations Through Education Powwow at the Vermillion High School. All are welcome to attend.
- Dance Marathon 5K – Saturday, March 30, take part in a 5k run that raises money for the Children's Miracle Network at 9:30 a.m. A $5 entry fee is required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions.
- USD Women's Tennis – Saturday, March 30 at 9 a.m., USD Women's Tennis hosts Morningside College and hosts Northern State University at 3:30 p.m. at the DakotaDome tennis courts. Go Coyotes!
- USD Golf – Sunday, March 30, USD Men's and Women's Golf will host The University of South Dakota Invite at the Bluffs Golf Course beginning at 10 a.m.
Upcoming Events and Happenings:
- Beacom School of Business Welcomes Renowned Leadership Speaker – Stephen M.R. Covey, author of The Speed of Trust – The One Thing That Changes Everything, is a sought-after and compelling keynote speaker and advisor on trust, leadership, ethics and high performance. Covey advocates that nothing is as fast as the speed of trust and that the ability to establish, grow, extend and restore trust with all stakeholders is the critical leadership competency of the new global economy. This event is from 7 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, April 1 at the Slagle Auditorium on the USD campus.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream – Hosted by the USD Theatre Dept. on April 2 through 5 at the Arena Theatre on USD campus. Show times are 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Shakespeare comments on life and love in this popular comedy that feature some of the bard's most memorable characters. Join them for a workshop production of this classic. Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for seniors, and youth and USD students are $4.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.vermillionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
- Vermillion Friends of NRA 13th Annual Fund Raising Banquet & Auction – April 3.
- SESDAC, Inc.'s 17th Annual Benefit Auction at The Buffalo Run Winery – April 5
Taste of Home Cooking School – April 17.
Memorial Day services will be celebrated Monday, May 27, at the Vermillion Public Library. The program, hosted by Veterans of … Read Article