- National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program – Friday, April 11, from 12:05-12:55 p.m. Attend this Brown Bag Lunch Program featuring Inikagapi: Celebration of Life. This program is free and open to the public. You are encouraged to bring a lunch and enjoy some wonderful music!
- Transition to Adulthood – Friday, April 11. Vermillion High School seniors will get a little help with their transition to adulthood through this program developed by the Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, the USD Department of Nursing and the USD Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Departments. Students will learn basic health screening information and participate in hands-on education about nutrition, fitness and the importance of daily physical activity, stress management, lung health, CPR and sleep health. This three-hour session will help prepare the students for a healthy adulthood. Please call Sanford at 624-2611 for more information.
- T. Wilson King Performing Live – Friday, April 11, from 8-8:15 p.m. T. Wilson King will be performing at the SDPB television studios in the Al Neuharth Media Center before a live studio audience for the program No cover, no minimum. Admission is free, but seating is limited and tickets must be reserved in advance by calling 800-456-0766 or in person at the SDPB offices.
- ESA Tour of Tables Luncheon and Style Show – Saturday, April 12, at 11:15 a.m. Enjoy food and fashions by Ava Morgan at this benefit for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital located at the Trinity Lutheran Church. A limited number of tickets are available. For more information or reservations, please call Barb Campbell at 624-4626. First come, first served.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance – Saturday, April 12, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. USD law students will be assisting low income people and students with their tax preparation at no charge at the Vermillion Public Library. Don't miss this chance to get help with your taxes before the April 15 deadline!
- USD Women's Tennis – Saturday, April 12, at 9 a.m. USD hosts Augustana College and Southwest Minnesota State at 4 p.m. at the DakotaDome tennis courts. Go Coyotes.
- Diversity Night – Saturday, April 12, from 6-9 p.m. USD's International Student Club hosts Diversity Night, allowing the community to experience authentic food and entertainment from around the world. This event will be held at the Armory at 603 Princeton. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for students, $5 for kids 5-12 and free for kids 4 and under. For more information, please e-mail email@example.com.
Upcoming Events and Happenings:
- Marlon Young Lecture – Monday, April 14, from 4-5:30 p.m. Marlon Young, CEO of HSBC Private Bank of the Americas, will speak at Farber Hall. Under his leadership, HSBC's profits and assets have grown.
- Southeast South Dakota Pheasant Association Banquet – Saturday, April 26. Join the revelry at the Eagles Club. Social hour begins at 5 p.m. and the banquet will start at 6 p.m. Pre-sale tickets cost $10 for a single ticket, $15 for a couple and $10 for a membership. At the door, ticket prices will be $15 and $20.
- Welcome Ratingen Residents! – Residents from sister city Ratingen, Germany, will be visiting our town from April 10-16. Please, businesses with signs, if you could put a welcome to them on your signs, that would be appreciated! Let's show these guests a very warm welcome to South Dakota and our wonderful town of Vermillion.
- Community Calendar/Weekly Update – To check out more great community events, or if you would like to submit an event or a promotion, please log onto www.ver millionchamber.com or contact 624-5571.
Mark Your Calendars!
- Taste of Home Cooking School – April 17
- John and Susan McNeill Benefit Concert for W.H. Over Museum – April 19
- Polaris Ribbon Cutting/Open House for Expansion – April 26
By Jeremy Hoeck firstname.lastname@example.org The University of South Dakota has parted ways with interim men’s basketball coach Joey James. According … Read Article