– Ashley Robinette, speaking to reporters about the Coyotes' upcoming appearance in the Elite Eight championship game.
"It's my 30th year coaching … and I've never been in a game like that. It was absolutely incredible. To withstand that many barrages takes a certain amount of toughness."
– South Dakota coach Chad Lavin, following his team's double overtime win over Washburn March 26.
"This wasn't the first game (Amber) Hegge's come through for us. We call her spider because she can block anything. It didn't surprise anyone of us how well she played."
– Shannon Daly, commenting on her teammate, Amber Hegge's performance in March 27's game against Delta State University. Hegge helped lead USD to victory by scoring 15 points and with perfect free throw shooting.
"What helps us so much is how diverse we are. It's important for our team to adapt to other defenses, but we've stayed with what's got us this far."
– USD Coyote Jeana Hoffman's assessment of her team's strengths that allowed them to survive a double overtime threat from Washburn.
"To be honest, it still feels like we're playing in the DakotaDome. It felt like a home court out there."
– Shannon Daly's description of the atmosphere inside the Kearney Health and Sports Center, which was filled predominately with Coyote fans during the Elite Eight Tournament.
"Our whole season has been a dream. We thought we'd be competitive. I don't think anyone would think that we'd have a run like this."
– Coach Chad Lavin, speaking at a press conference the day before the March 29 Elite Eight championship match.
"I don't know if it's because it's his last year or us winning. But he's been a little bit more calm."
– Ashley Robinette, humorously commenting on coach Chad Lavin's demeanor during his final season of coaching.
"This is a bad feeling. I don't know if I'd wish this upon my enemies, but, you know, sometimes that's how basketball goes. You're prepared, you're ready to go, but sometimes things just don't fall your way."
– Jenna Hoffman, describing the emotional impact of losing the Elite Eight championship to Northern Kentucky.
"For me personally, to see my kids in misery is tough. I think that will be my memory. I don't really care about this being the last game that I've had (as coach).
– Coach Chad Lavin commenting to a reporter following the Coyote's 63-58 loss to NKU Saturday.