Work this week:
• Grading/gravel Highway 19 to west end.
• Concrete paving west end of Cherry Street to the east including Sanford intersection.
• Asphalt transition on Highway 50 bypass and temporary widening Dakota Street to Cottage Avenue
• Removals and excavation Cottage Avenue to Dakota Street.
• Asphalt shoulders Highway 19 to East Avenue.
Planned for next week:
• Traffic signals – Princeton Street intersection Dakota Street
• Limited access to driveways west of Highway 19.
• Dakota Street instersection work.
• Switch traffic to south 1/2 Highway 19 to west end.
• Begin removals north 1/2 Highway 19 to west end.
• Open Highway 50 ramp and remove detour on Crawford Road.
• Public project meetings are now bi-weekly. The next public and contractor meetings are Wednesday, Sept. 2 and 16 and will be held at 10 a.m. at the Vermillion Hy-Vee café.
• Speed limit is 20 mph and no parking through the temporary detour. Speeding and parking violations will continue to be issued during the construction season by the Vermillion Police Department. Cars parked in no parking areas will be towed.
• DO NOT add, remove or relocate barrels, barricades, signs, temporary business signs, etc. on the construction sight. If concerns arise, please contact D&G Concrete Construction or the DOT for evaluation.
• Upgrades on construction progress and changes will be available on our Web site dgconcrete.com.