A 7-2 dual triumph over Madison, their fifth victory of the season, highlighted last week's play for Vermillion's girls tennis varsity.
The Tanagers also lost a pair of duals, 8-1 to St. Thomas More and 9-0 to Yankton, and stood at 5-11 going into Thursday's dual at Sioux Falls O'Gorman.
The final week of the regular season will see Coach Dan Hanson's tennis team at home against Mitchell Tuesday, at Washington next Thursday and at Lincoln next Friday.
Claire Jones, Kayla Munger, Kasey Nielsen, Dylan Daniels and Kelly Nielsen all won singles matches against Madison, and the Jones/Munger and Daniels/Kelly Nielsen doubles teams also were victorious. Kelly Nielsen captured a marathon singles match for Vermillion's only point against St. Thomas More.
VHS 7, Madison 2
1. Claire Jones def. Hannah Lynch, 10-4.
2. Kayla Munger def. Tia Limmer, 10-7.
3. Lindsay Robinet lost to Allison Niedert, 6-10.
4. Kasey Nielsen def. SaRena Freet, 10-0.
5. Dylan Daniels def. Jenny Naberger, 10-5.
6. Kelly Nielsen def. Rebecca Sys, 10-3.
1. Jones/Munger def. Lynch/Limmer, 10-1.
2. Robinet/Kasey Nielsen lost to Niedert/Freet, 8-10.
3. Daniels/Kelly Nielsen def. Naberger/Sys, 10-1.
STM 8, VHS 1
1. Jones lost to Alexis Haakedahl, 3-10.
2. Munger lost to Aisling Gould, 2-10.
3. Robinet lost to Cheyenne Raforth, 1-10.
4. Kasey Nielsen lost to Denali Raforth, 0-10.
5. Daniels lost to Chaterine Gibbens, 0-10.
6. Kelly Nielsen def. Mary Wade, 11-10 (9-7).
1. Jones/Munger lost to Gould/C. Raforth, 6-10.
2. Robinet/Kasey Nielsen lost to Haakedahl/D. Raforth, 1-10.
3. Daniels/Kelly Nielsen lost to Gibbens/Nichole Eckrich, 4-10.
Yankton 9, VHS 0
1. Jones lost to Vanessa Rockne, 1-10.
2. Munger lost to Lexie Klimisch, 2-10.
3. Robinet lost to Heidi Olson, 1-10.
4. Kasey Nielsen lost to Jesse Van Maanen, 3-10.
5. Kelly Nielsen lost to Leslie Henderson, 3-10.
6. Amanda Jacobson lost to Danielle Gill, 7-10.
1. Jones/Munger lost to Rockne/Klimisch, 3-10.
2. Robinet/Kasey Nielsen lost to Olson/Van Maanen, 3-10.
3. Kelly Nielsen/Jacobson lost to Henderson/Gill, 2-10.