Vermillion Area Chamber of
Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
• First Annual Parade of Lights in downtown Vermillion at 6:30 pm on Friday, Dec. 4. If you are interested in entering a vehicle/float, please contact the Chamber or fill out the entry form that is located on our website: www.vermillionchamber.com
• Ribbon Cutting for the Cherry Street Construction Project on Nov. 20 at 11 a.m. on Cherry Street in front of Hy-Vee. Please join us.
This Weeks Happenings!
• The Vermillion Area Community Foundation is accepting proposals for projects to improve our community. Forms for submitting proposals by groups or organizations are available at the Chamber of Commerce office. While funds available are limited we can fully fund small one time requests or partially fund larger projects. Your annual donations to our Foundation will provide us with increasing funds each year for worthwhile projects.
• USD Women's Swimming/Diving host the University of Northern Iowa at the USD DakotaDome on Friday, Nov. 6 at 6 p.m.
• USD Swimming/Diving at University of Nebraska-Lincoln on Saturday, Nov. 7 from 1 to 4 p.m.
• USD Women's Volleyball at Chicago State University on Saturday, Nov. 7 from 3 to 5 p.m.
• USD Football host Southern Utah University in the DakotaDone, Saturday, Nov. 7, 4:05 to 6:35 p.m.
• Tails and Trails hosted by Heartland Humane Society at Cotton Park, Vermillion on Nov. 7 at 10 a.m. You and your dogs are invited to attend an event to benefit the Heartland Humane Society. Enjoy a walk around the park with your four-legged friend. Free.
Next Week's Happenings!
• Vermillion Senior Citizen's Pancake Sunday, Sunday., Nov. 8 at 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.-1 p.m. $4 requested donation.
• USD Women's Volleyball host Drake University at the DakotaDome, Monday, Nov. 9 at 6 p.m.
• USD Jazz Ensembles present their fall concert to the public at no charge on Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 7:30 p.m. in the Colton Recital Hall at the Warren M. Lee Center for the Fine Arts.
• Veteran's Day Program at W.H. Over Museum on Wednesday, Nov. 11 to honor those who have served in the armed forces. Time TBA.
• State Football Playoffs at DakotaDome, Thursday, Nov. 12-14.
• Holiday Open House is Thursday, Nov., 12 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the former VCDC office at 906 East Cherry St. Get unique holiday gifts! Ten vendors including Uppercase Living, Arm Candy Purses, Pampered Chef, Jewelry, Mary Kay and more! Door prizes, refreshments and FUN! Admission is FREE or bring a non-perishable food item. Check out the events calendar at http://Cheryl.uppercaseliving.net for more details! Everyone welcome.
• USD One-Act Plays performed and directed by USD Theatre students are Nov. 12-15 at 7:30 p.m. in the Arena Theatre in the Warren M. Lee Center for the Fine Arts. Admission fee $10 adults, $6 youth (K-12), $4 USD student. For more information please visit www.usd.edu/cfa/Theatre/ticketinfo.cfm.
• Brown Bag Lunch Program at the National Music Museum featuring "Accende Lumen Sensibus" ensemble on Friday, Nov. 13 from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. Free and open to the public.
Upcoming Events –
Mark Your Calendars!
• November 14 Coyoteopoly Day! USD Business School students will be going door-to-door collecting non-perishable food items & monetary donations.
• Seventh & Eighth Grade Girls' Basketball vs. Beresford, Tuesday, Nov. 17, at 4 p.m. at Beresford.
• Preservation Wednesdays. The Clay County Historic Preservation Commission and the Clay County Historical Society are presenting the Second Annual Series of Historic Presentations. A presentation by Karin Woltjer entitled "Historic Landscapes" will be at 7 p.m. at the public library on Wednesday, Nov. 18. The presentations are free and the public is welcome.
• State "A" Volleyball Nov. 19-21 at Watertown.
• Historics & Flicks, "A Gravestone Made of Wheat" at the Vermillion Public Library is Thursday, Nov. 19 from 6 to 9 p.m. Join us for the movie and discussion of the short story facilitated by Paige Keck, Educator. Free and open to the public.
• Fun and Finance Women's Night Out hosted by First Dakota National Bank on Thursday, Nov. 19 from 6:15 to 9:30 p.m. Home tours, speaker, games, prizes with wine & hors d'oeuvres at The Bluffs clubhouse. RSVP before Nov. 13 at 624-5555. Event is free. Limited room available.
• Brown Bag Lunch Program at the National Music Museum featuring "Boxwood and Brass" on Friday, Nov. 20 from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. Free and open to the public.
• Seventh & Eighth Grade Girls' Basketball vs. Dakota Valley, Saturday, Nov. 21 at 9 a.m.
• Fun & Games at the Vermillion Public Library is Saturday, Nov. 21 from 1 to 4 p.m. Play board games and put jigsaw puzzles together! Adults and youth ages 12 and up are welcome. Free and open to the public.
• Sesquicentennial Heritage Harvest Ball is Saturday, Nov. 21 at the Muenster University Center Ballroom. Social hour starts at 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. Live entertainment by the "Dave Olson Quintet" for your dancing and listening pleasure. $15 per person (seating is limited). Reserved tickets are available at Nook 'n Cranny. It took 150 years to present this party!
• Fifth Grade Concert on Monday, Nov. 23 at Vermillion High School at 7 p.m.
• Seventh/Eighth Grade Girls Basketball host Dakota Valley Tuesday, Nov. 24 at 4 p.m.
• Vermillion Middle & High School Show Choirs present Fall Show, Nov. 20 & 21 at 7 p.m., VHS Auditorium. Tickets are $5/adult, $3/students & are available at the high school choir room or at the door.
• Brown Bag Lunch Program at the National Music Museum featuring the South Dakota Brass Quintet on Dec. 4 from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. Free and open to the public.
• Christmas Tour of Homes on Dec. 4 from 6 to 9 p.m. or Dec. 5 from 1 to 4 p.m. in Vermillion. Sesquicentennial event sponsored by the Clay County Historical Society. Contacts: Cleo Erickson and Gloria Barnes.
• Peter Pan play by USD Theatre on Dec. 4, 5, 7, & 8 at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 6 at 2 p.m. at Wayne S. Knutson Theatre in Vermillion. Admission Fee: $12 Adults, $8 Youth K-12, & $5 USD Student with ID. One of the world's most celebrated musicals to be enjoyed by the whole family. Reservations: 605-677-5400.
• Christmas Festival is scheduled for Dec. 6, 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the W.H. Over Museum.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do please call us at 624-5571 or email us at email@example.com.